Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all I am hopping someone can help me

I have a 19 place e-pace that has done 4400 miles it started it miss fire so I took it to my local dealers and have told me that it has rusty water in the fuel tank witch has part blocked injector number 4 and the water has mark the top of the piston .
I have been told that in needs a new ENGINE now and it is not covered under the warranty. and I've got to pay. I was also told the the engine was not but together in the factory that injector 3 and 4 was the wrong way round

Has anyone heard of this before or had the same problem

thank you

·
Registered
294 Posts
Also if you use the same filling station check they didn't have an issue with their tanks. You would think though plenty of other cars would have been affected and it made the local media.

Call trading standards for advice along with Jaguar directly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you purchase car new ? Was it from franchise dealer? Has it been subject of any recall? If you can try to get printout of service history, this will show if any work has been carried out on the engine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There was a programme on TV recently about contaminated fuel at petrol stations and it's not true that if one vehicle is affected there will be many more. You are most at risk after the tanks at the garage have just been refilled. If the tank contains water it will collect in the bottom of the tank and when it is refilled it disperses the water into the fuel, so if you are unlucky enough you may be introducing water along with fuel into your tank. Eventually the water in the fuel station tank will sink back to the bottom. Don't be put off if the fuel station says it can't be them or there would be many more claims as this is not true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.