Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new ePace 250P SE leaks!!

I found under the passenger seat the carpet was soaking wet after 2 weeks of ownership and 8 months on the waiting list.
The dealer immediately had the car in and replaced the seal around the nearside front cabin. ( no complaints there for service)
I asked if its fixed and was told 100% yes and we have tested it. ( shame they didnt dry it out for us, a job done last weekend by us)
Today after not using the car at all since then, the carpet is sodden from last nights rain just standing there on the drive, not residual wet from before but new water ingress.

I wonder if others have had this issue?

other niggles

no audio at all for 24 hours, then back to normal and okay since
3 days later no bluetooth for the day, yet next day fine

hmmmmmm

·
Registered
104 Posts
hpgeezer
I've had the frozen touchscreen, the no audio and the stop / start doesn't work but not the wet or no bluetooth failure...yet. Will check under my rubber mats when it rains. Apart from that it really is a fantastic car. With so much technology in the car, i think we can expect a few glitches in the systems from time to time, they seem to resolve themselves after the car is turned off for a period of time and restarted.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yikes! I have a P250 SE as well. Today I've been driving in torrential rain and now it's sat on the drive in torrential rain. I read this and immediately went out to check. Luckily it seems ok, but I'm paranoid now... will probably pop out and check again later. Although no idea what I'd do if it was actually leaking.

Thanks for the heads up...

G

·
hpgeezer said:
Our new ePace 250P SE leaks!!

I found under the passenger seat the carpet was soaking wet after 2 weeks of ownership and 8 months on the waiting list.
The dealer immediately had the car in and replaced the seal around the nearside front cabin. ( no complaints there for service)
I asked if its fixed and was told 100% yes and we have tested it. ( shame they didnt dry it out for us, a job done last weekend by us)
Today after not using the car at all since then, the carpet is sodden from last nights rain just standing there on the drive, not residual wet from before but new water ingress.

I wonder if others have had this issue?

other niggles

no audio at all for 24 hours, then back to normal and okay since
3 days later no bluetooth for the day, yet next day fine

hmmmmmm
Hello

Any news or updates ? ... hope you have this all sorted :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem with my EPace regarding water getting in through the passenger front door. It does not appear to be the main door seal but water is getting in through where the inner door trim meets the metal part of the door and water runs down onto the kick plate and onto the carpet via the plastic cover plate. The problem is not yet solved but my dealership is looking into it with jaguar. Hope this may help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the lazy response
we rejected the car as it was under 30 days old
our dealer faffed around and in the end a call to JLR was required by us too sort it

so full money back and never walk into a JLR dealership again

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem where the passenger door pillar (where the door hinges attach) sounds half full of water I can here it sloshing around I had a windscreen replaced so assumed it was the problem but have had Autoglass back to remove the windscreen and there is know way for the problem to come from the windscreen main dealer next stop was wondering if anyone on here can help, it can weep through the welded seam under the door seal if parked on a hill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts