Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is meant to be a windscreen washer fluid level warning on the instrument panel.

Ran out of fluid today, but didn't have any warning light. Pretty cheap of Jaguar to leave out a simple sensor if no warning light is installed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess there must be a sensor as it is listed in the Vehicle Health Report in the Remote app. Not sure if there is meant to be one inside the car as well, but as you say, would be cheap of Jaguar to exclude.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not listed in the section in the handbook on "warning and information lamps". So I think there can't be one.
As the previous poster said, it is included in the "vehicle health check" section of the app.
This is quite a useful feature, which I can see myself taking a look at weekly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone got to the bottom of this yet? I ran out of fluid today, no warning at all. As NAH1 has said, there is nothing in the handbook on "warning and information lamps" but unlike Flachead, I have noting listed on my app either. Can there really be no fluid level warning on a car like this? Seriously?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, only just ordered my car so can't comment on the dashboard indicator, but on the 'Jaguar Remote' App on the IPhone the 'Demo' shows a warning on the 'Vehicle Health Report' screen which indicates that the washer fluid is low. Being A Tech nerd I prefer notifications to my phone however you would expect a dashboard notification to be optional as well?

NM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

I am looking at the Vehicle Health Report in the Remote app and have no details within this to check the washer fluid level. The only option with a drop down is the Diesel Exhaust Fluid which give the range to empty, which is a great help.

PhilS

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is a different set of notifications for IOS and Android. But even though it's in the app it still doesn't give a notification as the washer bottle doesn't have a sensor. So nothing on the app or on the dashboard I'm afraid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, on the App Demo the main screen (photo 1) shows a warning about the washer fluid at the bottom and when pressed it takes you to the Health screen ( photo 2) which tells you the washer level is low.

Perhaps this only occurs when the level is low and there is no way of checking beforehand. I only downloaded the App yesterday so it might be a new feature!?

NM

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts