Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking forward to this but won't be buying as Jaguar are taking the proverbial with its pricing and public switch to petrol from diesel.
No excuses Jaguar...explain why the petrol version of this car carries a huge premium over the diesel?
In the XE the petrol 250 is £1400 cheaper than the d180 yet here it is £2800 more!!!
That's £4400 more!
Yeh yeh it's supply and demand but £4400! The marketing guys need a good shake.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Totally agree with you. The whole Jaguar thing for me has been massively disappointing. The car is terrific however dealership communication and courtesy left a lot to be desired. The cars aren't cheap but we knew that before signing on the dotted line but with a car like this not even coming with carpet mats for gods sake is a bit much.

G

·
Is comparing the D180 with the P250 the right comparison?

The basic D240 is £40,850 while the basic P250 is £35,160....so P is £5,690 cheaper than D.
Although the F Pace petrol 250PS is only £115 cheaper than the diesel 240PS.

Not sure if comparions based on identical power is the right thing either. Can any engineering experts get to the bottom of How to select like for like petrol/diesel comparisons?

The thing I am struggling with is that when I spec my e-pace into the f-pace, it's virtually the same price....maybe Jaguar prices their cars by their weight!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The comparison is with the XE pricing not the engine!
When the XE was launched diesel was in fashion hence the petrol 250 being cheaper. Now the tide has turned Jag have reversed their pricing model. Naughty as the cost of production hasn't changed.
Do agree the lower bhp petrol would be a better comparison with the 180 diesel but that's not on offer. Pity as I just got out of a RR Evoque because the diesel was dreadful and coupled with the worst auto box I've ever driven.
This really should be a sub 40k car with a decent spec. Leather, electric seats, rear camera, parking sensors, power tailgate and decent size alloys should all be standard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts