Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is it just me, are other customers having issues, are they being resolved and would you buy a Jaguar again?

I'm clearly a no, after 12 days of E-Pace ownership and a further +30 days of investagtion and no car usage and with zero priority from Jaguar I would struggle to recommend Jaguar. Worst car and purchase experience I have had in over 30 years.

If a yes, is Jaguar the equivalent of Apple in the car manufacturing industry, they have a loyal community of customers who will always buy Jaguar?

·
Registered
94 Posts
They are no worse than the dealers for other cars I have owned including Audi, VW, Land Rover, Subaru, Honda, Porsche and Renault. In fact, on reflection, I'd say they were somewhat better than a few of these - particularly VW and Honda.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So far, yes, I'd buy from Jaguar again (if they had the car I wanted). I've had one issue with my E-Pace which has been resolved quickly. Time will tell how reliable the car is over the longer term but my experience of Jaguar is no better or worse than other brands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
gDallasK said:
50Trevor said:
I had 20 months of hell with two rejected FPaces now 9 months into ownership of a Alfa Stelvio not 1 issue.
Wow! A reliable Alfa. Who knew!
I was waiting for just such a mature and intelligent response Trev. :roll: From a fellow Alfa owner.

I will definitely buy a Jaguar when I get older, but at 67 years of age I think I'm still a bit too young.

There we go, one all. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ewok said:
gDallasK said:
50Trevor said:
I had 20 months of hell with two rejected FPaces now 9 months into ownership of a Alfa Stelvio not 1 issue.
I was waiting for just such a mature and intelligent response Trev. :roll: From a fellow Alfa owner.

I will definitely buy a Jaguar when I get older, but at 67 years of age I think I'm still a bit too young.

:lol:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/767677/most-unreliable-cars-UK-revealed-breakdowns-repairs-Alfa-Romeo
https://www.whatcar.com/news/fastest-depreciating-cars/#20

·
Registered
13 Posts
gDallasK said:
Ewok said:
gDallasK said:

:lol:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/767677/most-unreliable-cars-UK-revealed-breakdowns-repairs-Alfa-Romeo
https://www.whatcar.com/news/fastest-depreciating-cars/#20
Here you go gDallasK, a survey for every occasion.

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/most-reliable-cars-2017-a8029056.html

I have no wish to trade views on reliability, heaven knows both Alfa and JLR have a long way to go to convince the general public that they are as reliable as the German brands are perceived to be. I just get fed up with people repeating unsubstantiated comments they have heard on that well known comedy show, Top Gear.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Interesting though, is it not, that according to "What Car" magazine five of the top ten fastest depreciating cars in 2018 are from Fiat & Alfa? And the list contains no JLR vehicles.

Many factors, of course, contribute to depreciation - including perceived value for money, manufacturing quality, brand value, quality of support and - of course - perception of reliability.

·
Registered
13 Posts
gDallasK said:
Interesting though, is it not, that according to "What Car" magazine five of the top ten fastest depreciating cars in 2018 are from Fiat & Alfa? And the list contains no JLR vehicles.

Many factors, of course, contribute to depreciation - including perceived value for money, manufacturing quality, brand value, quality of support and - of course - perception of reliability.
Sorry gDallasK, once anyone starts quoting from What's a Car magazine and any of the other German owned publications I lose interest.

Enjoy your E Pace.

Goodbye from the happy owner of an Evoque and a BM Z4 and the incredibly happy owner of an Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ewok said:
gDallasK said:

Sorry gDallasK, once anyone starts quoting from What's a Car magazine and any of the other German owned publications I lose interest.

Enjoy your E Pace.

Goodbye from the happy owner of an Evoque and a BM Z4 and the incredibly happy owner of an Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce.
Shame, Ewok, I was enjoying our little debate. I'm glad that there are Alfas in the world. They are good looking and sporty. But I buy cars with my head not my heart so I'm delighted that other people operate from a different perspective to my own.

Farewell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The car has been good so far. The dealer has been rubbish (Harwoods in Crawley), I haven't heard from them pretty much since I bought the car, no follow-up surveys or contact from dealer or Jaguar about my purchase/driving experiences. Very poor.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I definitely would, I have had "Outstanding " service and help from all staff at Hatfields Shrewsbury, several phone calls to check that all is well after this purchase and previous purchase of XE, I had a problem with air-con on E-Pace, one phone call in afternoon and booked in and fixed next morning within two hours, and received call to check that I was happy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very happy so far (only three weeks into ownership) Can't praise the sales side of the dealership enough (Guy Salmon, Maidstone). No issues as such with the car, just dumb questions from me and all answered quickly and effectively. So, yes I would buy another at this point in time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As well as Jag, Merc. Audi. BMW, Range Rover I have owned 6 Alfa's and never had any reliability problems with any of them (maybe i've just been lucky), there are few brands that stir my soul like an Alfa though and based on the concept images I am hoping the Tonale will replace my Epace when the time comes.

Though I am loving mr Epace and haven't had any issues other than the strange heating issues.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts