Screen blank on start up.

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar E-Pace
Pwood

Re: Screen blank on start up.

Post by Pwood » Sat May 15, 2021 12:54 pm

It’s annoying when you set off somewhere and 10mins reset is not an option. Rare occurrence but been doing it through various software iterations unfortunately.
P300e

JOBO

Post by JOBO » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:34 am

I had that problem, the screen stayed black for a length of time that seems to depend on outside temperature. It took 21 minutes for it to start working when it was 4 degrees and 14 minutes when it was 13 degrees. After that time the screen worked flawlessly. I would say this is a hardware problem, a connector most likely. I took the car back to the dealership for repair and they upgraded the software, it worked OK for a few days and then went back to as it was. The car's at the dealership again right now, they say they'll upgrade the software still further so I'll know whether or not they've fixed it soon enough, I'll let you know.

pxr5

Post by pxr5 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:56 pm

I've had my car 2 years and not had this problem. Went in for a service last week and the first time I used the car after that I got the black screen. As others - got out locked it, came back and all OK. I'm sure it must be because JLR updated the software as I hadn't updated it for a while.
HSE D240. Caesium Blue. Lunar/Light Oyster interior.

mattrapier

Post by mattrapier » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:28 am

Mine did it a few times over I think a couple of weeks, but it hasn't happened in ages. Maybe there is some obscure combination of conditions that make it happen.
R-Dynamic HSE P250 Black, with Black trim and Black wheels