Transmission emergency release location.

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar E-Pace
Ianh

Transmission emergency release location.

Post by Ianh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi,first post so please be gentle.
I have just purchased a damaged e pace 2019 dynamic r hse 2.0 diesel 180.
Having sent off the airbag module to be cleared of data the car is immobile which isn’t to much of a problem but I could do with moving it a feet,I am trying to locate the transmission emergency release lever that will put the transmission into neautral for loading purposes.
I have rang jaguar,they passed me onto jaguar assistance who informed me that because the car is sorned they can’t help !!
I had a xj and that was in the prop shaft tunnel,but it’s not the same location on this,I have searched this forum and google but can’t find the info,it would seem the f pace is under the bonnet but I have looked under the bonnet of this e pace and can’t see it.
Any help would be appreciated.

rayquayle

Re: Transmission emergency release location.

Post by rayquayle » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:34 pm

Under the air cleaner?
2020 E-Pace P200 R-Dynamic HSE Corris Grey

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:48 pm

I will take a look now,thanks a lot.

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:13 pm

There is a lever under the air filter,it’s attached to the gearbox and doesn’t look connected at the end,is that the lever and do you just pull it across,pardon my ignorance but I don’t want to do the wrong thing!

C8067339-6A72-4081-9D52-0EAEA2683FD6.jpeg

39C04867-0057-4961-A283-CD009D056334.jpeg

4E2E0734-3A92-4703-A2B1-8DCC049470B4.jpeg

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Ianh wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:32 pm
Hi,first post so please be gentle.
I have just purchased a damaged e pace 2019 dynamic r hse 2.0 diesel 180.
Having sent off the airbag module to be cleared of data the car is immobile which isn’t to much of a problem but I could do with moving it a feet,I am trying to locate the transmission emergency release lever that will put the transmission into neautral for loading purposes.
I have rang jaguar,they passed me onto jaguar assistance who informed me that because the car is sorned they can’t help !!
I had a xj and that was in the prop shaft tunnel,but it’s not the same location on this,I have searched this forum and google but can’t find the info,it would seem the f pace is under the bonnet but I have looked under the bonnet of this e pace and can’t see it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Check this link.

http://www.pedini.com/clientuploads/FPA ... %20QRG.pdf

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:25 pm

Yes,I found that description of the f pace release and did look at my e pace to see if it was similair,however it doesn’t appear to be the same,so think that link can be disregarded for the e pace unfortunately.
The owners manual mentions there is one but doesn’t go into any detail how to release it.

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:52 pm

Ianh wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:25 pm
Yes,I found that description of the f pace release and did look at my e pace to see if it was similair,however it doesn’t appear to be the same,so think that link can be disregarded for the e pace unfortunately.
The owners manual mentions there is one but doesn’t go into any detail how to release it.
Well then your best bet is to register yourself on topix you need to pay a little amount not too much and you can extract exact document related to your car . Not end of the world .

Search topix e pace jaguar it doesn't cost a fortune if you really want it.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

Ianh

Post by Ianh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks for that helpfull piece of advice,I am registered with topix and should I become desperate then I may have to bite the bullet and hand over £22.80 which in my book isn’t a small amount of money,however I was hoping someone on here who is technical and has the knowledge to advise howto would share the knowledge,whole idea of a forum isnt it?,still not sure why you suggested I look at a link for a f-pace though so maybe I am posting in the wrong section,apologies if so.

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Ianh wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:20 pm
Thanks for that helpfull piece of advice,I am registered with topix and should I become desperate then I may have to bite the bullet and hand over £22.80 which in my book isn’t a small amount of money,however I was hoping someone on here who is technical and has the knowledge to advise howto would share the knowledge,whole idea of a forum isnt it?,still not sure why you suggested I look at a link for a f-pace though so maybe I am posting in the wrong section,apologies if so.
Both are same mechanically just different skin. JLR. Same engines.same technology.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

Taurus

Post by Taurus » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:40 am

Sorry Jalees, but they are totally different cars , same engine yes, but F-Pace is basically XE/XF RWD engine and trans mounted north south, E-Pace is based on Evoque FWD, transverse mounted engine east west, Tony.
E-Pace SE 180d, Caldera red, Jet trim, fixed panoramic roof, privacy glass, 19" 5 spoke satin dark grey wheels.