Rear camera pushed into housing

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar E-Pace
Dazquayle

Rear camera pushed into housing

Post by Dazquayle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi everyone! My girlfriend has pushed the rear camera into the housing trying to open the boot on my E Pace 🙂. To be fair it's pretty near the boot button and seemed pretty flimsy and easy to push in. Anyone else had this issue and is there an easy fix without dismantling the interior lining and tackling from the inside? Thanks

mrchiggles

Re: Rear camera pushed into housing

Post by mrchiggles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Someone else reported doing this to a courtesy car...

graham14

Post by graham14 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:29 am

My wife did the same , dealer showed me it could be accessed from outside the car by prising out the panel the camera is in, after this is released camera can be refitted by reattaching clip which is at the rear, although a bit fiddly

AGK

Post by AGK » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:59 pm

My wife also did this when the car was 3 weeks old. She naturally blamed poor design and we paid for a repair. Thanks for the tip re future repetition

Dazquayle

Post by Dazquayle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm

graham14 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:29 am
My wife did the same , dealer showed me it could be accessed from outside the car by prising out the panel the camera is in, after this is released camera can be refitted by reattaching clip which is at the rear, although a bit fiddly
Thanks! I'll take a look at that, hopefully it will save a trip to the dealer! Glad to know I'm not alone with this :lol:

Return to “Faults & Technical”