Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Disabling eco stop/start

12K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  MalcolmD 
#1 ·
Does the E Pace have the same setup as the
F Pace whereby disconnecting the second battery (for restarting) or capacitor if used instead, will disable the stop/start.
Also does anyone know it's location? (F Pace is located rear right behind interior trim) ?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The switch you refer to merely disables the stop/start until you next drive etc.
I wish to permanently disable the stop/start like so many F Pace owners do and so the switch becomes inoperative.
In the F Pace you can simply disconnect the second battery or capacitor, whichever is present, to do the job.

#4 ·
Wheatles said:
Thanks for the reply. The switch you refer to merely disables the stop/start until you next drive etc.
I wish to permanently disable the stop/start like so many F Pace owners do and so the switch becomes inoperative.
In the F Pace you can simply disconnect the second battery or capacitor, whichever is present, to do the job.
Don't you think disabling it permanently would fail your MOT , due to increased co2 emissions after that , just like when people used to remove catalytic converters. Also it would be called a modification based on which car went all approvals initially and now permanently being removed.
You are looking for trouble and penalties I would say.
Just a thought.

Regards,
KJ

#6 ·
You are not doing anything illegal turning the stop start off in the car. But if you make any modifications to the car and don't inform your insurance company, you may find that your insurance is void. No insurance is illegal. You even have to tell them if you put winter wheels and tyres on. You know what insurance companies are like, any excuse not to pay out.

#12 ·
@ Wheatles,
Did you ever find out how to permanently disable the stop start?
I (and many others) have done it on the Jaguar XE as well and I would like to know how to do it on the E-Pace.

P.S.
I'm not interested in peoples opinions of the legality and/or any moral or ethical reasons of doing this mod, I'm simply interested in the technical aspect.
Thanks,

#13 ·
Hi,
The F Pace has a 2nd battery or capacitor at the rear right behind the covering. Did it successfully by disconnecting the earth strap on my neighbour's capacitor in the F Pace.
I've looked everywhere and I mean everywhere on my E Pace to no avail......bugger!!! My dealer/service reckon they don't even have a wiring diagram here in Australia. Maybe in the UK?Then you could find the capacitor!!
Let me know as I keep thinking about it....good luck.

#16 ·
Didn't mean that to come across as gloating but I wondered if the E-Pace had the same module tucked away in the boot? (I haven't got an ePace yet but am currently looking for one)

If they have it would be worth pulling the connector off and seeing if it disabled the start/stop, just like it does on the XE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.