Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

New update out

13K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Duncann32 
#1 ·
S20A_20.07.5-507626
New software update out anyone got it yet ??

#2 ·
Nope, but coincidentally the car is going into the dealer tomorrow to see if they can sort a) the service due warning which seems to be about 1 month or 4000 miles early, and b) the persistent 'please sign in' on the sat nav which then tells you with a coy smile that it's not a fault at your end that you can't sign in, it's at their end.

For both they recommended a software update so maybe I'll get that tomorrow. Currently on S19B_19.35.5-418001 and the car insists that no update is available.

#5 ·
dealer didn't update my software, said oil dilution had triggered early service warning.

The sat nav sign in they couldn't help with and told me to contact Jaguar customer services which I did; having gone through a few rounds of telling me to set up my account and me telling them I had, I suggested a telecon whilst in the car to talk me through it. Yet to be arranged

G
#6 ·
twabrigs said:
dealer didn't update my software, said oil dilution had triggered early service warning.

The sat nav sign in they couldn't help with and told me to contact Jaguar customer services which I did; having gone through a few rounds of telling me to set up my account and me telling them I had, I suggested a telecon whilst in the car to talk me through it. Yet to be arranged
Well that's a bummer about the requests to sign in every week or two, was waiting for you !

Mine going in soon for info screen going off every so often. I am on 19B and now can get it to show what version I am, it seems to have locked up

#7 ·
I'm on 19c and it still locks up on USB play back. I can unplug all the cables and the car still thinks the devices are attached. I can lock the car and leave it over night to go out in the morning to find it thinks they're still attached. It does eventually reset itself but can't figure out what triggers the reset. On the previous software before SOTA was enabled the infotainment would go unresponsive, no volume control, unable to switch between DAB, FM or media and it would continue to play the radio for a couple of hours after leaving and locking the car because it couldn't be turned off.
Parks and Taggarts Jaguar have been good as have Arnold Clark Vehicle Management but Jaguar Customer Service are less than interested and supply conflicting information. A less than satisfying and exceptionally frustrating experience.

#11 ·
I got a notification that new software was ready to install ota. I almost tapped install then decided to check if it's okay and no one has any issues. Not having access to dealer easily and needing my car to get to work daily stopped me. Also it's been a while and as it's only a 10 min drive does the car continue with the install once I turn it off.

#12 ·
I updated mine about a week ago. No problems other than you now get a splash screen at startup telling you to stay safe and look ahead. I got a message about updating when I started the car. Clicked on allow, then drove about 3 miles to my destination. The download hadn't finished when I got there, but it resumed when I restart the car. I drove the long way home, about 10 miles by which time the download had completed. It then told me to lock the car to enable the update to complete. Next time I got in the car I had the new software. Apart from the annoying splash screen I haven't noticed any other changes.

#14 ·
WARNING this software update appears to have caused my fan to run like a jet engine again. I had this issue a year or so ago and it had the whole pump replacement thing done and it's been fine. One journey whilst software updated and the fan came on for no reason which seems like no coincidence to me. Bit odd as it was a faulty pump sensor that caused the issue. Is there a way reboot the system?

I have a 250 petrol btw so diesels should be fine at least with that issue anyway!

#15 ·
Pwood said:
WARNING this software update appears to have caused my fan to run like a jet engine again. I had this issue a year or so ago and it had the whole pump replacement thing done and it's been fine. One journey whilst software updated and the fan came on for no reason which seems like no coincidence to me. Bit odd as it was a faulty pump sensor that caused the issue. Is there a way reboot the system?

I have a 250 petrol btw so diesels should be fine at least with that issue anyway!
Hi,
Ok that software update is to do with the infotainment system it has nothing to do with any other thing as far as I understand.
There is a change note as well somewhere on same forum which tells what is changed.
I looked at that and it is all about infotainment system. You have now option to reset user data in settings menu and some other bits like that splash screen and parking sensor pop up box has an additional soft button to turn it off.

Now second issue fan I also got water pump replaced last year in August to be precise. Yesterday around 10am uk time fan went mad running at full speed non stop then again in afternoon I did the same route/ journey it was hotter than morning with AC on but fan behaved normally so not sure maybe again a water pump replacement. I have F pace 25T so engine is same as yours. have booked the car with dealer, meanwhile I am keeping an eye on it.

Thanks

Regards
KJ

#16 ·
Thanks KJ I couldn't fathom how it could have caused the fan issue but the timing was so close it seemed related. Not sure I will get any work done at present as Scotland is still under lockdown but will contact the dealer next week. I have my doubts about the part arriving though as last time it was several weeks.

I

#17 ·
My cars screen just came up with the message "new software update available", so waited until I got home and on the driveway then connected to my wifi for the download.
I was on version S20C1_20.48.3-635557 and allowed it to update on SOTA to version S21A_21.10.6-676616.
Benefits to across the range vehicles but some useful corrections for the EPace such as USB playback and other screen representations.

Youtube video here

#19 ·
Oh great so I hardly use my sat nav and have seen the login thing when I have started it on occasion. Have not logged in for a ages as I know where I'm going pretty much all the time and need to refer to a password which which I can't add whilst driving ,until today and ended up just asking Google via Android Auto and apart from the smaller screen it just worked. However it's seems I have another fault.

#20 ·
Pwood said:
Oh great so I hardly use my sat nav and have seen the login thing when I have started it on occasion. Have not logged in for a ages as I know where I'm going pretty much all the time and need to refer to a password which which I can't add whilst driving ,until today and ended up just asking Google via Android Auto and apart from the smaller screen it just worked. However it's seems I have another fault.
I can access the satnav without logging in, set destinations and get routes etc.
I need to log in each time I want it to synchronise, even though it's set to stay logged in.

Just found this on XE site, suggesting fixes to USB playback remembering last played information and satnav staying logged in.

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER)
- SOFTWARE VERSION: S21A_21.10.6-676616, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BF (G2849390)

INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 21A

Software Release Date: 2021-03-30

This Document contains the following information:
New features included in this release
Issues fixed in this release.

New features included in this release:

BAIDU CARLIFE
Baidu CarLife feature enabled on vehicles in Hong Kong market
USB MEDIA PLAYER
Media player will now remember Track No, Time position, Playlist Path, Shuffle, Repeat and other associated information on start up.
VEHICLE DIMENSION SCREEN
Banner "Tow bar deployed" and "Tow Bar Stowed" is now shown in Vehicle dimension screen.

Issues fixed in this release:

APPLE CARPLAY
CarPlay Screen will no longer stay frozen on screen after disconnection of iPhone™.
BLUETOOTH® APPLICATION
Bluetooth® device connection status will now display the correct status when Bluetooth® has been turned off on the device.
CONNECTED DEVICES
After exiting from valet mode, iPhone™ will no longer be detected twice, both as Bluetooth® and an IPOD in the source selection screen.
CLIMATE CONTROL
General stability improvements.
InControl© Touch Pro Duo Vehicles Only - The Climate control will no longer switch itself off on the lower screen without the users input.
INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER
When display theme is changed from light to dark or vice-versa, album art for the active song will no longer go missing in the Instrument Panel Cluster display.
Japan E-Pace only - Turn by turn arrow is now centered in the Instrument Panel Cluster display.
SPOTIFY
ELECTRICALLY DEPLOYABLE TOW-BAR
Tow Bar banner will now always be shown when required.
(SWEDEN ONLY)
LANGUAGE SUPPORT
Improved translations
LOW TRACTION FRICTION LAUNCH
Will now be available when needed.
PHONE
The correct Caller ID will now always be displayed on the Instrument Panel Cluster and phone tile on home screen.
STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
NAVIGATION
Side panel will now display the correct Navigation information
All Markets except China and Japan - Resolved navigation log-in/Log-out issue.
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT
SYSTEM
TELEVISION
(I-PACE ONLY)
TIMED CHARGING
When Timed charging events are not available , Preferred Charging Period will now always switch off.

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE

THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.

#21 ·
Got a software update yesterday which is now installed. Thing is sitting in the car requires the engine running or it's 50/50 whether it will end with low battery warning (even though car will auto shut down to supposedly prevent excessive drain) so will wait to faff with it when I have a journey to head out on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.