Key not recognied

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Trevor C

Key not recognied

Post by Trevor C » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm

I am currently having intermittent issues with starting my e-pace. About 1 in 3 times, I can unlock the car, but when I push the start button I get a "Key not recognized" message, with an instruction to place the key under the steering wheel and try again. Having identified the correct location in the manual for the key and then placed it, I find that the engine still will not start. Also the car will no longer lock. However if I return in an hour or so, things will work as normal. Anyone had the same problem?

Cawsie

Re: Key not recognied

Post by Cawsie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:55 pm

If it was my car, the first thing i would do is replace the battery in the key.

Trevor C

Post by Trevor C » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:04 pm

Thanks for the reply. Car is only 6 months old and using the second key, which I have barely used, did not solve the problem

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 am

Trevor C wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm
I am currently having intermittent issues with starting my e-pace. About 1 in 3 times, I can unlock the car, but when I push the start button I get a "Key not recognized" message, with an instruction to place the key under the steering wheel and try again. Having identified the correct location in the manual for the key and then placed it, I find that the engine still will not start. Also the car will no longer lock. However if I return in an hour or so, things will work as normal. Anyone had the same problem?
Good Morning Trevor C

Thank you for your post.

I would like to take the opportunity to investigate this for you.

May I request that you send me a PM with your Vehicle Identification Number and I will escalate this with our Technical Team.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”