Service Plan Disapiontment

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
bobc

Service Plan Disapiontment

Post by bobc » Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am

When I bought the car I was told by the dealer that any offers that became available before I took delivery would be retrospectively applied. After taking delivery I received a letter from Andrew West (Customer service director) confirming details of my service plan (Ref LTHD9), I hadn't purchased a plan so I thought it had been added as part of the deal. I have just taken the car in for its first service and was presented with a bill in excess of £300 . I showed the plan to the service manager who said he had checked that I hadn't paid for the plan and that a number of letters had been sent out in error. I would like to know why a company like Jaguar would not inform me of the mistake before the service was due so I was not confronted with an unexpected bill.

twabrigs

Re: Service Plan Disapiontment

Post by twabrigs » Wed May 27, 2020 1:25 pm

I don't think you should give up on this. If they've made an error which they either didn't spot or didn't bother to inform you about, that is their issue not yours. I can accept that they might not honour the full 3 years or whatever the plan covers, but I would think for goodwill they should give you something, ideally waive the cost of this service or at the very least meet you halfway on the cost. Or possibly a serious discount on the price of you taking out the plan retrospectively?

If no joy with your dealer try Jaguar's twitter account.
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:10 am

bobc wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am
When I bought the car I was told by the dealer that any offers that became available before I took delivery would be retrospectively applied. After taking delivery I received a letter from Andrew West (Customer service director) confirming details of my service plan (Ref LTHD9), I hadn't purchased a plan so I thought it had been added as part of the deal. I have just taken the car in for its first service and was presented with a bill in excess of £300 . I showed the plan to the service manager who said he had checked that I hadn't paid for the plan and that a number of letters had been sent out in error. I would like to know why a company like Jaguar would not inform me of the mistake before the service was due so I was not confronted with an unexpected bill.
Good Morning,

I am sorry to learn of your comments.

Please can you arrange to send me a PM of your 17 digit Vehicle Identification Number, your contact number and the approved retailer that you have attended.

Once I have received this information, I would be happy to escalate this further with the retailer.

Should you require a Service Plan for your vehicle, details can be located on the below link.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/servici ... plans.html

Thanks,

Becci – Jaguar UK

bobc

Post by bobc » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi Becci, I have sent a PM.