Low battery warning

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Bloomd

Low battery warning

Post by Bloomd » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi
I’ve been receiving the low battery warning on my epace over the past 6 weeks or so.
It has been used as much as previously because of covid but it is used at least once a week.
The messages appeared only after the new over the air software update.
I contacted the dealer Charles Hurst Belfast and they have said the battery isn’t covered under the warranty (car won’t be 3 until end of September). They also told they can book in for a diagnostics test on 15 July but if there is no warranty issue I will have to pay £150.
I’ve asked the guy to speak with the mechanics to see if there is a known issue / fault as I don’t want to spend money to be told it’s a fault in the battery and it’s not covered so £150 + battery + time.
Any advice?

CRC@Jaguar

Re: Low battery warning

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:22 am

Bloomd wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm
Hi
I’ve been receiving the low battery warning on my epace over the past 6 weeks or so.
It has been used as much as previously because of covid but it is used at least once a week.
The messages appeared only after the new over the air software update.
I contacted the dealer Charles Hurst Belfast and they have said the battery isn’t covered under the warranty (car won’t be 3 until end of September). They also told they can book in for a diagnostics test on 15 July but if there is no warranty issue I will have to pay £150.
I’ve asked the guy to speak with the mechanics to see if there is a known issue / fault as I don’t want to spend money to be told it’s a fault in the battery and it’s not covered so £150 + battery + time.
Any advice?
Hi Bloomd,

Thanks for your post,

While I am concerned to learn of your comments, I can confirm that should there be no manufacturing defect present on the vehicle then the costs incurred would be at the responsibility of yourself.

However, should you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your retailer visit please do not hesitate to send me a PM with your VIN and contact details and I would be happy to investigate further.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK

ERY

Post by ERY » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:46 pm

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:22 am

Hi Bloomd,

Thanks for your post,

While I am concerned to learn of your comments, I can confirm that should there be no manufacturing defect present on the vehicle then the costs incurred would be at the responsibility of yourself.

However, should you feel unsatisfied with the outcome of your retailer visit please do not hesitate to send me a PM with your VIN and contact details and I would be happy to investigate further.

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK
There are Dealers and there are good Dealers 'CRC', and one of those good Dealers took my car in because of the Low Battery warning and no stop/start operating during the winter period, tested it and the charge system but could find no fault. Charged the battery for me, gave me a printout of test results and it's been fine ever since.

All free of charge including the advice to top up battery charge if in the habit of short trips during winter, now that is true customer care and what a customer will remember for a very long time.
MY18 EPace P250
Previous MY15 D180 Discovery Sport
Previous to that MY13 Freelander SD4

mjandar

Post by mjandar » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:52 am

I had exactly the same problem with a low battery warning. It was explained to me that due to my low 'Covid-19' mileage the battery was using more power when stationary (all of the ancillary devices that run all of the time) than my minimal driving could put power back into the battery. I was advised to use a battery charger once a week.
I did that and still it gave a low battery warning. I was then told that I was connecting the charger into the wrong place. I was connecting my charger leads to the nearest convenient place on the battery but apparently, if they are not connected directly to the terminals themselves then the system would keep recognising the battery as being brand new and would not accept that it was fully charged.
I reconnected my cables to almost right on the battery terminal and it worked - no more problems.
It doesn't make sense to me but there it is.