Stacie @ CEC

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
nicant

Re: Stacie @ CEC

Post by nicant » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi Stacie,

Picked up my E-Pace R-Dynamic on the 15th November and was expecting Apple Carplay to be included but it was not.
I had decided not to go for the SatNav option as I was intending to use Google maps via Apple Carplay.
My Jaguar garage in Coventry offered to switch on the feature for £100, so I happily agreed and took the car into the garage today.
2 hours later, I was informed that the feature failed to be switched on so the technical performed all the upgrades that the system was showing first and then tried again to switch the feature one (Smart Pack I believe he called it). This failed again and looking into it further they said it could be due to the interface being incorrect in the armrest and that if I had paid for the SatNav option, they would have been able to turn on the Apple Carplay.

They are going to ask Jaguar if there is anything they can do but I am not very happy that I can't use Apple Carplay as I wanted to use Google Maps and if I had known this limitation when ordering the car, I would have paid for the SatNav option.

Now unless Jaguar can resolve this, I am stuck with a very expensive car that I have no SatNav for.

I have been driving Jaguars since 2004 (X-Type Sports, S-Type, Original XF, facelift XF, F-Pace (wife's) and now e-Pace) but this is the first time I am not happy driving a Jaguar :x

Regards,
Nik

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:57 am

nicant wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:20 pm
Hi Stacie,

Picked up my E-Pace R-Dynamic on the 15th November and was expecting Apple Carplay to be included but it was not.
I had decided not to go for the SatNav option as I was intending to use Google maps via Apple Carplay.
My Jaguar garage in Coventry offered to switch on the feature for £100, so I happily agreed and took the car into the garage today.
2 hours later, I was informed that the feature failed to be switched on so the technical performed all the upgrades that the system was showing first and then tried again to switch the feature one (Smart Pack I believe he called it). This failed again and looking into it further they said it could be due to the interface being incorrect in the armrest and that if I had paid for the SatNav option, they would have been able to turn on the Apple Carplay.

They are going to ask Jaguar if there is anything they can do but I am not very happy that I can't use Apple Carplay as I wanted to use Google Maps and if I had known this limitation when ordering the car, I would have paid for the SatNav option.

Now unless Jaguar can resolve this, I am stuck with a very expensive car that I have no SatNav for.

I have been driving Jaguars since 2004 (X-Type Sports, S-Type, Original XF, facelift XF, F-Pace (wife's) and now e-Pace) but this is the first time I am not happy driving a Jaguar :x

Regards,
Nik
Hi Nik

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of the experience you have had so far.

If you could kindly PM me with the following information I can investigate this further for you.

Your vehicle registration
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Your personal contact details
The retailer you have been in contact with

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

PLF

Post by PLF » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:59 pm

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:57 am
nicant wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Regards,
Nik
Hi Nik

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of the experience you have had so far.

If you could kindly PM me with the following information I can investigate this further for you.

Your vehicle registration
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Your personal contact details
The retailer you have been in contact with

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Hi Dan,

I have the exact same problem as Nik. My dealerShip (Jaguar Stratstone in London) told me they don't want to enable CarPlay on my E-Pace just bought in september, just because I didn't pay for SatNav !...
I will send you my details by PM.
Thank you

Bandaj

Post by Bandaj » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi Dan, thanks for the information re the exhaust filter. Would you know what the average timescales/mileage are between the initial amber warning to a red one? Mine changed from one day to the other with minimal use...

Being told by the dealer that the filter is 'too full' and needs replacing at a cost of over £1k!!!

Duncann32

Post by Duncann32 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi Stacie
Don’t know what to think about jaguar at the moment . always dreamed of having a jaguar.
When selling me the car was so friendly and helpful
First day having the car steering column went only drove 6 miles had to go back for over a week was so helpful again
Now InControl playing up won’t connect to phone and WiFi . SIM card won’t read
And hesitation when change gear
Went to book it in first week off January to be looked at got to wait till 21 February hope to have the car I’ve always dreamed of
Jaguar e pace

Carpediem

Post by Carpediem » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi Stacie & Dan,

Below is the text of a post that I submitted under Cruise Not Available.

Took delivery of my P300 E-Pace from Stratstone Jaguar Mayfair on 30th January this year. An ex Jaguar Management car, now with 3,500 miles on the clock. Had the Cruise not available warning last week. Cleared when I restarted the car.

Other issues with the infotainment include inability to make phone calls using Bluetooth, phone pairs but will not connect. No voice guidance from the Satnav and Voice Commands not working! Not sure why someone at Jaguar did not get these issues fixed before releasing the car as approved used.

So the car collected on Monday of this week in order that these issues could be fixed. Had a call from the service department on Wednesday; in fairness a very professional and helpful service manager who had the courtesy to bite the bullet and give me the bad news. Phase 4 should fix these problems and it was available from Jaguar last week. However, there must have been some issues with the early installs of Phase 4 as it is now on "Suspension". Expected to be available some time in March. Estimated time to load the update is 3 hours.

The irony of the issue with Bluetooth is that my phone worked fine in my previous F-Type and no problem whatsoever in the XF 2.0d that I have on loan!

Like other users on this forum, I had to pay Stratstone £200 for the upgrade to Apple CarPlay. This was installed before handover but I had not expected the catalog of bugs that affect both the Infotainment and SatNav systems.

Can you update me and other users of this forum on the issues with and the availability of the Phase 4 software? In addition will this update fix the accumulation of bugs that I have outlined above?

Since 2006, I have been the owner of three XKs (X150s), an XF, and two F-Types. As you can see, I have been committed to the marque. A recent operation, which has left me with some disability, meant that I had to choose a vehicle with a higher seating position, facilitating entry and exit. The E-Pace seemed an ideal choice, offering me the convenience I need as well as allowing me to attend my local JEC events in a Jaguar.

However, I have to say that this has been the worst experience that I have had when buying and owning a Jaguar. Three weeks from taking delivery of the E-Pace all the pleasure in owning a new vehicle has completed evaporated. Do I take the view that both Jaguar and Stratstone will use best endeavours to rectify the faults or do I reject the vehicle as not fit for purpose?
Carpe Diem - P300 HSE AWD R-Dynamic Silicon Silver

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:45 am

Carpediem wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:29 pm
Hi Stacie & Dan,

Below is the text of a post that I submitted under Cruise Not Available.

Took delivery of my P300 E-Pace from Stratstone Jaguar Mayfair on 30th January this year. An ex Jaguar Management car, now with 3,500 miles on the clock. Had the Cruise not available warning last week. Cleared when I restarted the car.

Other issues with the infotainment include inability to make phone calls using Bluetooth, phone pairs but will not connect. No voice guidance from the Satnav and Voice Commands not working! Not sure why someone at Jaguar did not get these issues fixed before releasing the car as approved used.

So the car collected on Monday of this week in order that these issues could be fixed. Had a call from the service department on Wednesday; in fairness a very professional and helpful service manager who had the courtesy to bite the bullet and give me the bad news. Phase 4 should fix these problems and it was available from Jaguar last week. However, there must have been some issues with the early installs of Phase 4 as it is now on "Suspension". Expected to be available some time in March. Estimated time to load the update is 3 hours.

The irony of the issue with Bluetooth is that my phone worked fine in my previous F-Type and no problem whatsoever in the XF 2.0d that I have on loan!

Like other users on this forum, I had to pay Stratstone £200 for the upgrade to Apple CarPlay. This was installed before handover but I had not expected the catalog of bugs that affect both the Infotainment and SatNav systems.

Can you update me and other users of this forum on the issues with and the availability of the Phase 4 software? In addition will this update fix the accumulation of bugs that I have outlined above?

Since 2006, I have been the owner of three XKs (X150s), an XF, and two F-Types. As you can see, I have been committed to the marque. A recent operation, which has left me with some disability, meant that I had to choose a vehicle with a higher seating position, facilitating entry and exit. The E-Pace seemed an ideal choice, offering me the convenience I need as well as allowing me to attend my local JEC events in a Jaguar.

However, I have to say that this has been the worst experience that I have had when buying and owning a Jaguar. Three weeks from taking delivery of the E-Pace all the pleasure in owning a new vehicle has completed evaporated. Do I take the view that both Jaguar and Stratstone will use best endeavours to rectify the faults or do I reject the vehicle as not fit for purpose?
Good Morning Carpediem

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply concerned to learn of your comments. This is not the experience we wish for our customers to have.

I would like to take the opportunity to investigate your concerns further. May I request that you send me the following information via PM.

- Your address.
- Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Name of approved retailer.
- Your email address.

Many thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Carpediem

Post by Carpediem » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Dan,

Tried to send you a PM yesterday with all the information you requested. Despite giving an indication that the message was sent, it still appears to be stuck in my Outbox and I don't seem to be able to force Send.

Have you received a PM? Thanks in advance.
Carpe Diem - P300 HSE AWD R-Dynamic Silicon Silver

Jenny jaguar

Post by Jenny jaguar » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Hi Stacie have 2018 E Pace r dynamic with black pack and connect pro with sat nav and I was told that it would have 3D and apple car play but it has neither is this a fault or is this version not equipped thanks John

vannus

Post by vannus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Will there be a replacement for the service plans that seem to have disappeared from the website. Really annoying as i was meant to pick my car up in November but due to issues didn't work out. Now the replacement is due in 10 days and the service packs have vanished.
Please say a replacement is in the pipeline.
Narvik Black P250 R-Dynamic HSE with black wheels and black Pack