Connectivity upgrade

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Jedlowe

Connectivity upgrade

Post by Jedlowe » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi, I have just bought an e pace with the basic comma package, no sat nav etc., I was hoping I might be able to connect my iPhone for more than just making calls, is it possible to do a retro/fit upgrade to smartfone ?

PLF

Re: Connectivity upgrade

Post by PLF » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:54 pm

You’ll be able to play music from your phone and make phones calls but they will not want to upgrade your system to Apple CarPlay or android CarPlay.
As least for now. Maybe later, who knows...

Robplace

Post by Robplace » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Both Apple and Android car play are available as an upgrade now, controvertially there is a charge and its currently not consistent.
Some dealers don't charge, some charge £300, I've been quoted £200 for when I pick mine up in April.
I have been informed I can decide anytime before or after collection.

PLF

Post by PLF » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:46 am

Yes, but apparently that depends if you v’have the SatNav option or not.
I’ve been told because I don’t have SatNav they won’t upgrade me.

Jagster

Post by Jagster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Robplace wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:23 pm
Both Apple and Android car play are available as an upgrade now, controvertially there is a charge and its currently not consistent.
Some dealers don't charge, some charge £300, I've been quoted £200 for when I pick mine up in April.
I have been informed I can decide anytime before or after collection.
Which model have you gone for? My car is being delivered in March, D180 s r dynamic, and when I phoned my dealer I was told that acp is on my19 cars, which will include ours that have satnav installed and the paid option on the website is so that people that already have their cars can add it if they choose, after reading on here though I have found a few people are managing to get their dealers to do the upgrade for free and some are being charged so does anyone actually have a single straight answer for this situation?!

Robplace

Post by Robplace » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 pm

The model I've ordered is the D150 S
Due to be ready in March (not April)
In would have expected it to be fitted FOC and will push for it.
The dealer said that JLR have made it clear though that this is now standard...let's see what others say!

PLF

Post by PLF » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 am

Hey,

I got the answer from the Jaguar team on this forum :
For my D150 received in September 2018, they won’t upgrade me because I didn’t take « in-control » app option. And they can’t retrofit it...
that’s it.
That decides it : this is my first and last car with Jaguar. I’m already fed up. That’s ridiculous.
The uncomfortable seats, the awful driving position, the heavy trunk that my wife can’t even open, the awful touchscreen and user interface from the 80s, and now this ridicule about the connectivity, I’m done. And in a 35k£ car... what a joke.
I switch at the end of my lease, for sure.

ttc546

Post by ttc546 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 am

PLF wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 am

That decides it : this is my first and last car with Jaguar. I’m already fed up. That’s ridiculous.
The uncomfortable seats, the awful driving position, the heavy trunk that my wife can’t even open, the awful touchscreen and user interface from the 80s, and now this ridicule about the connectivity, I’m done. And in a 35k£ car... what a joke.
I switch at the end of my lease, for sure.
You must be driving a different car to me and many others ..... I cant relate at all to your negative points. Did you not test drive the car beforehand? Did you not lift up the boot lid at the dealership? (trunk). My partner is petite and doesnt have a problem with the boot lid. The touchscreen and user interface are fine - not as good as Apple night have designed - but fine, and certainly better than my previous Citroen. These things can always be better and some people will have various degrees of acceptance, but your description hardly seems warranted.

PLF

Post by PLF » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 am

Maybe my expectation was higher, coming from Audi. Maybe it would be different if I came from citroen, yeah. ;)

You know well that the card we test have all options, man. The one I tested had 18-way seats, auto trunk lift, etc. Impossible to test any manual trunk, as they don’t have it at the showroom.
Anyway....I’m not seeking for any validation here. I’m just sharing my opinion.

graham14

Post by graham14 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:11 am

Agree with PLF Boot Lid is too heavy, I am over 6' and still find it heavy, my wife finds it impossible
Complained to dealer and advised they checked another vehicle and it was the same.

The struts are too puny in my opinion, need to be rethought by Jaguar, or offer powered tailgate modification at reasonable cost.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”