Service Plans

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
50Trevor

Service Plans

Post by 50Trevor » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:32 pm

HI Can you explain the huge price on the new service plans £1600 for 3 services for my Epace R Dynamic S auto 250

CRC@Jaguar

Re: Service Plans

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:09 am

50Trevor wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:32 pm
HI Can you explain the huge price on the new service plans £1600 for 3 services for my Epace R Dynamic S auto 250
Good Morning 50Trevor

Thank you for your post.

The new service plan is a bespoke service, that is designed to be tailored to fit your requirements. The costing has been calculated to reflect this.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:13 pm

It's not very bespoke if several of us are coming up with exactly the same cost for different models and ages of car..?

But the real question is why is it so expensive, when other marques tend to reward you for signing up by the total price being quite a bit less than paying for services separately (I know for a fact this is the case with Ford and Mazda for example).
D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

vannus

Post by vannus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Also the "Bespoke" plan is so bespoke it ignores Jaguars own service schedule. The P250 petrol is 16k or annual service but when reg is put in to the service plan calculator it comes up as 21k or 2 year intervals and a whopping £1618 for 2 minor and one major service. WOW considering the original plan was £625 for 5 years or 50k whichever came first this is one hell of a price increase.
Narvik Black P250 R-Dynamic HSE with black wheels and black Pack

50Trevor

Post by 50Trevor » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:11 pm

I have to say I find this very confusing and I think that’s What it supposed to do. Colourful talk like bespoke plan. As much as I love my jag it isn’t some super car just a way of Jag making money

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Dan, it would be really helpful if you were able to specify the cost and interval for the first 3 services, and then provide a quote for the service plan so we can easily compare? I'm sure owners are happy to pay up front if they know they are gaining something from doing so.

Feel free to use my April 2018 D180 R-Dynamic HSE as an example.

And I hope the answer isn't 'ask your dealer', because the service plan price is determined nationally not locally so let's compare like with like,
D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

Pilly

Post by Pilly » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Also would help if the online quote worked properly.

I put in my reg details as requested.

Told me the model, engine etc of the car which was correct. (P200).

It then gave me a quote for a D180 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Which has longer gaps between services etc.
E Pace Chequered Flag. P200 Photon Red.

On order. Hopefully coming in Sept...

vannus

Post by vannus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:28 pm

Just rechecked my details and you now have the option to change the plan to a 16k or 12mth interval. Comes out at 996.94 for 3 years.

CRC@Jaguar

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:01 am

twabrigs wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:01 pm
Dan, it would be really helpful if you were able to specify the cost and interval for the first 3 services, and then provide a quote for the service plan so we can easily compare? I'm sure owners are happy to pay up front if they know they are gaining something from doing so.

And I hope the answer isn't 'ask your dealer', because the service plan price is determined nationally not locally so let's compare like with like,
Good Morning twabrigs

Thank you for your post.

As I am sure you can appreciate our new service plans cover a larger range of options to meet the needs of our individual customers.

There are many variable factors such as the age and mileage of the vehicle that would be taken into account for the previous and new service plan. Therefore I would be unable to comment on the costings.

Some of the benefits of the new service plan include the following:

• Flexible choices in the duration and intervals of your plan to suit your needs. No longer confined to 5 years or 50,000 miles.
  • The ability to sign up to a plan at any point in ownership of your vehicle.
  • You will be offered the opportunity to fix the cost of your future servicing needs at today’s prices.
  • The option to spread the payments over the life of the car ownership, by paying upfront or in equal monthly payments.
  • The new service plans have been put in place to reflect the demands of the current market, should you wish for further detail or to discuss your service plan quote then I would advise that you visit your local retailer.
Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

vannus

Post by vannus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:43 pm

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:01 am
twabrigs wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Good Morning twabrigs

Thank you for your post.

As I am sure you can appreciate our new service plans cover a larger range of options to meet the needs of our individual customers.

There are many variable factors such as the age and mileage of the vehicle that would be taken into account for the previous and new service plan. Therefore I would be unable to comment on the costings.

Some of the benefits of the new service plan include the following:

• Flexible choices in the duration and intervals of your plan to suit your needs. No longer confined to 5 years or 50,000 miles.
  • The ability to sign up to a plan at any point in ownership of your vehicle.
  • You will be offered the opportunity to fix the cost of your future servicing needs at today’s prices.
  • The option to spread the payments over the life of the car ownership, by paying upfront or in equal monthly payments.
  • The new service plans have been put in place to reflect the demands of the current market, should you wish for further detail or to discuss your service plan quote then I would advise that you visit your local retailer.
Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
No flexibility in the plan it is fixed at 3 services over either 3 or 6 years depending on engine.

And irrespective of how you dress it up £625 for 5 years or 50k, or £997 for 3 years and 36k is still one hell of a price increase in six months

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”