Hello - Mr & Mrs Two Jags now.

New to the Jaguar E-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
its_a_doozy

Hello - Mr & Mrs Two Jags now.

Post by its_a_doozy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:22 am

Hi,

I have owned a Jaguar F-Type for last 3 years (V6 Convertible Red) and love it. Not had a single issue with it (touch wood).

A few months ago we found and purchased a 1 year old E-Pace from Belfast and had the pleasure of flying form Manchester and spending the night in Belfast and then driving back via Dublin and driving from Holyhead.

Everything has been great with the E-Pace, very pleased with the drive and refinement. Wife loves it as it is her main car, replacing her Mini Cooper (which was terrible !!).

All been well until silly me had a little accident reversing out of a parking spot. There was a very low concrete wall, and as I turned too sharply reversing I managed to rip the front bumper partially off. The sound was horrid. I had just wrecked my wife's pride and joy and she was sat next to me !

Anyway, I've promised to fix it. Having examine the damage, it's quite big. Minor scuffs to the fog light cover trim, and then the lower plastic wheel trim is twisted and scuffed, and in the process the movement has shattered the inner wheel arch cover at the join, plus the fog light bracket has snapped off.

Not a cheap little turn by any stretch.

I am going to try and source the parts myself and see if I can replace them. Has anybody here had any experience dismantling bumper parts on an E-Pace? Any gotchas?

Jalees

Re: Hello - Mr & Mrs Two Jags now.

Post by Jalees » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi,

It should not be that difficult if you are technical and with right tools. You can register yourself in TOpix for they charge you it's jaguar site with all the information how to do stuff find your particular area and there you have a proper manual of how to replace the bumper.

its_a_doozy

Post by its_a_doozy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Thanks that was good advice, I have just gained access to the bumper removal guide.

Just awaiting on the spare parts arriving now. Seems to be no stock for the wheel arch liners though. That will have to wait.

Cheers

Duncann32

Post by Duncann32 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Try eBay should get all your parts on there
Jaguar e pace

its_a_doozy

Post by its_a_doozy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Thanks @duncann32

I have already bought a 2nd hand front bumper and replacement fog light, all on eBay :D .

Bumper arrived today and with a little persuasion and a heat gun the lower section has been removed. I don't intend on replacing the entire front bumper, just the bottom part which was damaged.

Here's some pics of the damage

Damaged Bumper 1.jpg

Damaged Bumper 2.jpg

and the spare, which was not in great shape re. paintwork, so only paid a small fee as it was the under tray I need.

Back of bumper whole.jpg

Separated bumer and tray.jpg

Tray.jpg

Wish me luck replacing this in coming days if weather stays dry....

jneill

Post by jneill » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Ouch! How are you getting on with the repair!?

its_a_doozy

Post by its_a_doozy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:13 am

Unfortunately weather has delayed the start. Will post updates once started.

Return to “Introductions”