Hi there!

New to the Jaguar E-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
BigBaldJohn

Hi there!

Post by BigBaldJohn » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:07 am

Hi everyone,
New owner here.
Buying a pre-registered 20 plate E-Pace R-Dynamic S. All of 75 miles on the clock (78 after the test drive!)
I've always wanted a Jag, now's my chance before I get old :D
Pick it up next week, roll on!
Cheers
John
2021 facelift P200 MHEV R-Dynamic S in Santorini Black (Mafia car). Panoramic roof, privacy glass.

twabrigs

Re: Hi there!

Post by twabrigs » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:27 am

Welcome to the forum!

This is my first Jag too, I love it but there are some issues which you'll read about on these pages.

Which engine have you gone for?
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

BigBaldJohn

Post by BigBaldJohn » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 pm

Thank you!

It's the P200 engine. Almost my only criterion was that it had to be petrol, with the nonsensical proposals being mooted for diesels at the minute. I was a tad wary the 200 would be under powered but it doesn't seem so, based on a short test drive. It took off like a rocket after dithering around selecting a gear. Mrs used the phrase "whiplash"... :) That's going to take some getting used to.

And I'm reliably informed by SWMBO that it's a 21 plate...

I need to get a proper handover from the dealer, there are so many toys available I'm not sure what it does & doesn't have. He mentioned some extras above the RD S but I can't remember what he said now.

I've spent most of the day reading the posts here, there seems to be a fair mix of problems.

I'll update my sig once I know what the heck I've bought! :D

Cheers
John
2021 facelift P200 MHEV R-Dynamic S in Santorini Black (Mafia car). Panoramic roof, privacy glass.

Chelseaboy

Post by Chelseaboy » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:29 am

Hi everyone just ordered p200 in silicon silver but unsure what colour interior should I have any feedback would be welcome thanks

shadow

Post by shadow » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:18 pm

I love the Cloud Windsor leather I've gone for.. but with the silicon silver Ebony is probably a better match
MY21/ P200 (Flexfuel) HSE R-Dynamic / BluefireBlue

BigBaldJohn

Post by BigBaldJohn » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:24 pm

BigBaldJohn wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 pm
Thank you!

It's the P200 engine. Almost my only criterion was that it had to be petrol, with the nonsensical proposals being mooted for diesels at the minute. I was a tad wary the 200 would be under powered but it doesn't seem so, based on a short test drive. It took off like a rocket after dithering around selecting a gear. Mrs used the phrase "whiplash"... :) That's going to take some getting used to.

And I'm reliably informed by SWMBO that it's a 21 plate...

I need to get a proper handover from the dealer, there are so many toys available I'm not sure what it does & doesn't have. He mentioned some extras above the RD S but I can't remember what he said now.

I've spent most of the day reading the posts here, there seems to be a fair mix of problems.

I'll update my sig once I know what the heck I've bought! :D

Cheers
John
Well this has turned into a bit of a saga. Are you sitting comfortably?
During the test drive I'd asked about the sat-nav. I was told it doesn't have one but does have Android Auto so use your phone. OK, no real problem, Maps is possibly better than a fixed sat-nav anyway. I collected the car from the dealer and it occurred to me - I own a Jag!! :D :D
Feeling rather chuffed, off we went for a drive. The Mrs spent the entire time fiddling about with the phone but whatever she did, Android Auto would not appear.
Called the salesman, he said it was strange and referred it to their tech department. They in turn referred it to Jaguar who eventually said "can't be done, it's a base model. Neither sat-nav nor Android Auto work".
The dealer phoned and told me this very apologetically since I'd said that sat-nav or Android Auto were important. He admitted it had been mis-sold and offered a refund or maybe I could pay a tad extra and look at a black R-Dynamic S, 21 plate, 21 MY (facelift), 4K miles.
Saw the car last week, pick it up this week :) The facelift for 2021 is a big improvement in my book. I was worried the black would look like a mafia car but the paint is actually very nice.

It's a P200 engine but according to the Jag site it's actually a MHEV. Not sure if that's so but if it is it might be a cure for the transmission delay at startup. Does anybody know for sure if it's a mild hybrid? Salesman didn't know! Roll on Wednesday!

Cheers
John

shadow

Post by shadow » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Good for you, the MY21 interior is a big step up.
Yes the P200 is an MHEV model, it's designed to recover some of the energy lost during braking to assist the engine and reduce fuel consumption.
MY21/ P200 (Flexfuel) HSE R-Dynamic / BluefireBlue