Hello from Sydney Australia

New to the Jaguar E-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ozcub

Hello from Sydney Australia

Post by Ozcub » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:50 am

G'day!
I'm not sure if there are any fellow Aussies (actually I am a Pom) on this forum but there doesn't seem to be an Australian one to join. I'm happy to say that I ordered my Firenze Red D180 SE with black pack last month. The dealer informed me that delivery is due in December. That suits me fine as I'm retiring in January and have the Sydney summer to do a few road trips in my gorgeous Jag.

Interestingly we don't get the manual option over here although autos are the main choice down under. We actually have a couple of generations who couldn't drive a manual!! No front wheel drive either. The E Pace is still quite a rare sight here, but I'm sure it will be a good seller. It's got to be the best looking SUV on the road, but that's just my opinion. I'm looking forward to gleaning some useful information from this forum. By the way, I'm a British car nut and also have a 58 Frogeye Sprite and a 66 MGB Roadster. You can take a Pom out of Britain but you can't make him drive Aussie Sh**boxes! :lol:

snailspace

Re: Hello from Sydney Australia

Post by snailspace » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:38 am

Hi Ozcub,
My Epace is being delivered on 31st August. It's sailing the high seas at the moment on the car vessel, 'Don Quijote'. The ship has just left Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Once this vessel arrives I think you'll start to see a lot more little cubs on the streets of Sydney from September onwards once the new owners finally get their build, in particular me! Enjoy! :D

Ozcub

Post by Ozcub » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:15 am

Hi snailspace,
Congratulations on your car actually being on its way. Did you get any notification when they started the build? My dealer has a preliminary date of December but I was hoping that some sort of notification is given once the car is on the line in Graz. It's great to see that you can track the ship too. I hope the journey is as calm as it can be - the Cape of Good Hope can be a nasty place. Let's hope they tether the cubs well :D

snailspace

Post by snailspace » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:04 am

Hi Ozcub,
Thenk you for the congrats. The snailspace has landed in Port Kembla on Thursday 23rd August and should be on it's way to the holding bay. Delivery in the next couple of weeks. Very excited now. You can ask your dealer for a tracking timeline so you know when the vehicle is getting built etc. I also asked which cargo vessel it was being shipped on and tracked the vessel on www.findavessel.com . I bought my cub through Trivett Alexandria and they are so helpful and nothing is a problem. They are so attentive and the service is impeccable. Too easy!

Ozcub

Post by Ozcub » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:01 am

So close! I bet you can't wait. I contacted my dealer today and he sent back a screengrab of the order. My car is due to go on the line in early October with delivery to me scheduled for early January. It's perfect timing as I will officially be retired and can look forward to some amazing roadtrips in my new Cub. Don't forget to add a photo of your car in front of a Sydney landmark :D

Ozcub

Post by Ozcub » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:37 am

Well, I've just been told that my car is built and on its way to the ship. Delivery is estimated to be the week before Christmas. Amazingly that coincides with my last week at work before I retire from the workforce. My last commute to work could be in the Cub! How cool would that be? :D

Ozcub

Post by Ozcub » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:21 am

It took a while but I've just had confirmation that my Cub is on board a ship off the west coast of Africa and with luck will be landing in Sydney in early December. What a great present for Christmas.

Ling

Post by Ling » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi Ozcub, I am from Melbourne Australia also an ex pat and a proud owner of an E-Pace P300 since May this year, absolutely love the car. Driven it to Adelaide and back fantastic performance, comfortable. Fuel economy around town is a bit disappointing otherwise can't complain.

tecmic

Post by tecmic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:07 am

Ling wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:00 pm
Hi Ozcub, I am from Melbourne Australia also an ex pat and a proud owner of an E-Pace P300 since May this year, absolutely love the car. Driven it to Adelaide and back fantastic performance, comfortable. Fuel economy around town is a bit disappointing otherwise can't complain.

You can't have 'fantastic performance' and good fuel economy! I'm getting the 180, which is still nippy, but will do up to 47 mpg!

Ozcub

Post by Ozcub » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 pm

I think the run from Melbourne to Adelaide in any car would return good fuel economy, but I have also gone for the D180. I live in a rural area and even a trip to the shops is a long run by city standards.
My car is still on its way - last reported off the coast of Western Australia, and for some reason the ship has been anchored off Fremantle for 5 days. So near yet so far. It doesn't look promising for a pre Christmas delivery :cry:

Return to “Introductions”