Hello from Sydney Australia

New to the Jaguar E-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ozcub

Re: Hello from Sydney Australia

Post by Ozcub » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:45 am

Bad news from the dealer today. Apparently all E Pace's, Evokes and Discovery Sports are held up at the docks pending the release of the new emission and consumption figures from Europe. The cars can't be complianced (is that even a word?) until this information is received for every variant of these cars. A panoramic roof, larger wheels, a different seat configuration and even uprated sound systems all affect the final readings in the reported figures. Most European car makers now have a backlog of testing. I've been told that even though my car may arrive in Australia next week, it will sit on the dock, no doubt gathering plenty of salt air, until February😢. Not happy Jag!

spookone

Post by spookone » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:04 am

That must be so frustrating, you think these issues would be allowed for and sorted well in advance!

Ozcub

Post by Ozcub » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 am

And the news keeps getting worse. Today I found out that the vessel that my car is on is being held off shore because it is contaminated with the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug. Australian authorities are quite rightly paranoid about these harmful creatures coming onto our shores where they could wreak havoc on our crops. So now a late arriving, salt-laden, stink bug fumigant smelling, uncomplied Jaguar is all I have left to look forward to..😣
Things can only get better from here, can't they?

Return to “Introductions”