Service due warning!

New to the Jaguar E-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tracy4567

Service due warning!

Post by Tracy4567 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi
Wonder if anyone else has had the scheduled service due reminder on dash and app? So frustrated! Called dealer and told that because I only do short journeys it probably needs oil and filter change. REALLY? Surely it doesnt mean that every 5,ooo miles im going to have to pay out £307. Have booked car in for next week but im not convinced that the explanation i was given was accurate. Don't want to pay out unnecessarily.

Firenze red d180 s.

mrchiggles

Re: Service due warning!

Post by mrchiggles » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:07 pm

Others on here have mentioned this as an issue - I for one will be on to Jaguar to complain if this happens to me - the advertised service intervals are what they are and at no point was I advised that shorter journeys would result in additional oil change costs

tecmic

Post by tecmic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:45 am

No way! Service interval is 2 years or 21k miles for the diesel or 12 months and 16k for the petrol, innit? that's got to be a software bug.... get a different dealer's opinion.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/jaguar/e-pace ... costs-mpg/

Joweb

Post by Joweb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:23 pm

My service message first came on at 2500 miles, garage turned it off and now it has popped back on at 4700 miles it's booked into the garage next week to investigate

Joweb

Post by Joweb » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:52 pm

How did you get on at the dealer regarding the service light?
Mines booked in Friday for inspection.

Smokeyblue59

Post by Smokeyblue59 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:50 pm

The Problem lies with all Euro 6 Compliant Diesel Engines, When they regenerate (Slight burning Smell in vehicle when this happens) an excess amount Of diesel is used for the burn-off, The excess then drops into the engine and the sump and dilutes the oil .

Better explanation can be found on the internet under Oil Dilution .

I have experienced this problem with a VW Tiguan and a Discovery Sport. This is one of the main reasons i have moved back to petrol.

Joweb

Post by Joweb » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Back from the garage after an oil and filter change, advised it was because I only do small journeys they have done it free on this occasion but have advised if it keeps happening (which it is expected to) it will be chargeable I've done 5000 miles since March and it's happened twice now! :roll:

Return to “Introductions”