Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
alp

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by alp » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:54 pm

I guess it depends on whether you do multiple journeys during a day, if so, it's a bit of a faff connecting and disconnecting the USB cable compared to just leaving it in your pocket if it was Bluetooth connection. No big deal really but it would have been nice to avoid it.

Colinh

Post by Colinh » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Car in dealers today for 2 recall items and premature service notice (5500miles).
Asked for the apple car play + software to be installed, I was told that it is not available for Jaguars but is being made available for Land Rover vehicles???. This is Stratstone Cardiff. Have asked to be contacted when the upload is available, I am not holding my breath.

Gfplux

Post by Gfplux » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 am

Colinh wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 pm
Car in dealers today for 2 recall items and premature service notice (5500miles).
Asked for the apple car play + software to be installed, I was told that it is not available for Jaguars but is being made available for Land Rover vehicles???. This is Stratstone Cardiff. Have asked to be contacted when the upload is available, I am not holding my breath.
I find that frankly amazing.
In my case in Luxembourg it was only when the salesman went to see the service manager did he find out what I was telling him was correct about the availability of Apple and Android car play.

graham14

Post by graham14 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:12 am

they are totally wrong
see my posts on page 3 of this topic
software is available and generally working well

KVet79

Post by KVet79 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:46 am

Colinh wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 pm
This is absolutely wrong. I had mine updated 3 weeks ago at my dealer in the UK. Apple Car Play works well.

Nigel2b

Post by Nigel2b » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Does the update include Android Auto play as well? If so how good is it please?

alp

Post by alp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 pm

- For me when it's working it's fine BUT sometimes it freezes and I have to return it to the Jaguar screen or unplug the phone and start again or some such trick. Once I was using WAZE the maps app when it froze with no response and eventually I had to switch off the car to get the screen to close down and start again. No good if I'm driving which kind of defeats the object! May be it should be called 'Android Parked Up'.
- At the moment I'm kind of resigned to use the Jaguar screen system where I can get it's satnav/map, safety camera warnings, all phone info, radio and play my music from the memory stick in the centre section and it's reliable. What more do I need anyway? Well apart from the traffic flow mph speed on WAZE that is.
- Oh, and I can keep the phone in my pocket without having to faff around with connecting/disconnecting the phone to the centre section USB socket when I get in and out of the car.
- I'm open to advice on how to reliably gain from Android Auto if anyone on here has any 9 year old kids or the like who can sort us out.

ttc546

Post by ttc546 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Well, the whole CarPlay/Android story is a real mixed bag. Some get it extra FoC even when not installed originally. Some had it already installed. Some don't. Some have to pay, some dont.

My E-Pace was delivered 2 weeks ago. No Android/CarPlay but had v18C but no Phase 4. It is a lease car supplied by a dealer far away. My local dealer charged me 1hrs labour to upgrade to Phase 4 and have Android Auto installed. (I had to winge to get the price down from up to 3hrs labour)

Whats irrititating is the inconsistent messaging from Jaguar. Are MY19 cars meant to have it installed by default, and if it isnt, it it installed FoC? What is the official line on non-MY19 cars to have it installed?

Jaguar - get a consistent message so that we customers know where we stand.

Andyben

Post by Andyben » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:40 am

Got the update for free this week.

worksgreaat, love dictating iMessages, but...

Whe i firstplug phone in to usb, the car tries to load inapps first, which i deleted, so i have to crash out.

any ideas

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”