Very loud fan noise

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Tricky

Re: Very loud fan noise

Post by Tricky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi guys, i am from Sydney Australia and posted back in September 2019 about my 250 Epace and its loud fan noise. Took it to the dealership in October and had the water pump changed and that sorted it out the problem. But guess what folks, the fan noise is back five months later louder and you can feel the vibration in the steering wheel, and thats just driving 5 minutes on a cool morning. Will speak to the dealership again.

Has anyone experienced the same problem after the pumps where changed?

Zodiak

Post by Zodiak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello everyone!

Moscow, Russia

Just wanted to chip in: E-Pace P180, 9000 kms, same problem. Brought it to the dealership, they sorted it out real quick: water pump. I did mention this topic and that it was likely the water pump, so thank you everyone for the input! 1000 kms later - everything is smooth.

DariuszTe

Post by DariuszTe » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:40 am

Hello everyone!

Is this problem occur only in petrol engine? Or in each e pace?
I have D180, 16 000 km, no problem yet.

Williamsplace

Post by Williamsplace » Mon May 11, 2020 8:50 am

Hi Back again with this problem, Now a third time, and a second water pump has now been fitted, the previous one was exchanged in february last year,
so lasted only 12 months.... Dealer said it has another modification to the pump, so all those who had early exchange of the pump may need another one.

Jaguar Assist would not respond to the fault, as the motor temp was normal, and refered me to the CUSTOMER SERVICE, they answerd and said they would ring me back, I waited 6 HOURS and they DID NOT call me back, I had to call them and they just said " contact your local dealer" , COMLETE WASTE OF TIME , and , just to say go to your dealer, who wasn't answering the phone, so I drove there and left it running on the forecourt and draged them out side to listen to it HOWLING. who at least gave a loan car while it was being repaired, so drove for a week with the FAN FULL SPEED !
we will see how long it lasts this time.

DISAPOINTED !
William.
P250 R-Dynamic HSE Corris Gray

mfl

Post by mfl » Wed May 13, 2020 10:52 am

[quote Hello everyone!

Is this problem occur only in petrol engine? Or in each e pace?
I have D180, 16 000 km, no problem yet.][/quote]

I don’t think diesels are affected. I’ve been following this topic for some time and I think there was once a comment that it was petrol engines only. I’ve never seen a post relating to a diesel anyway.
D180 AWD Auto, Firenze Red. Feb 2018

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Thu May 21, 2020 10:57 am

Williamsplace wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 8:50 am
Hi Back again with this problem, Now a third time, and a second water pump has now been fitted, the previous one was exchanged in february last year,
so lasted only 12 months.... Dealer said it has another modification to the pump, so all those who had early exchange of the pump may need another one.

Jaguar Assist would not respond to the fault, as the motor temp was normal, and refered me to the CUSTOMER SERVICE, they answerd and said they would ring me back, I waited 6 HOURS and they DID NOT call me back, I had to call them and they just said " contact your local dealer" , COMLETE WASTE OF TIME , and , just to say go to your dealer, who wasn't answering the phone, so I drove there and left it running on the forecourt and draged them out side to listen to it HOWLING. who at least gave a loan car while it was being repaired, so drove for a week with the FAN FULL SPEED !
we will see how long it lasts this time.

DISAPOINTED !
William.
And mine after replacing it roughly a year ago is back at full speed. Let's see would contact jaguar services what they say and when it can be replaced. Another time waste mission starting :cry:
Regards
KJ

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Fri May 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Me too again by the looks of it. Fine for my 8 mile run to work but it comes on if it’s started again and run on a short journey once warmed up but not every time. From experience that will happen soon enough. Working up to a CS call next week. I hope by now the pump is modded properly but I doubt it.