Driver seat

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Newjagowner

Driver seat

Post by Newjagowner » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:27 am

Hi,
This is probably going to sound stupid. I have just bought my beautiful 2019 E PACE DYNAMIC. And I love love love it. Until I have to drive it, I cannot find a comfortable position in the drivers seat my car is manual, and I find the pain in my right shin is unbearable when driving.
My last car was an Audi Q3 which was so comfortable, I am wondering if I have made a mistake buying this car. As any one else got any issues with drivers comfort please

JJitalia

Re: Driver seat

Post by JJitalia » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:03 am

R Dynamic here too. I’m finding problems with the seat also, it’s too firm for one thing. I sat in a non R Dynamic in the showroom recently, same problem. Conversely I found the new Evoque seat to be much softer and more accommodating.

rashg60

Post by rashg60 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:51 pm

Similar issues to report here also. The seats are NOT comfortable at all. Any long distance driving of over an hour is virtually unbearable. I have the R-Dynamic S, which I assumed would have sportier/huggier/comfortable seats, but no they don't. It's a shame really, for a luxurious car brand. Surely, comfort should come high up in the list of priorities on a car like this?
Jaguar E-Pace R-Dynamic S AWD Auto Petrol P200 finished in Caesium Blue

boba

Post by boba » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:41 pm

I have an R Dynamic HSE and the side bolsters adjust, along with the length of the seat. I still find my shoulders ache after a long drive. My just be my ageing body.

CGC

Post by CGC » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:13 am

I'm 6ft. and don't have a problem I find it very comfy on a long haul.

Paulm

Post by Paulm » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:35 am

Hi
I have the chequered flag epace.
Last week I had a 3 hour non stop journey with no aches, pains or stiffness when exiting the car.
When going on longer journeys I spend a minute or 2 shuffling my bum And legs into the most comfortable position.

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:52 am

not had a problem either, it's a pretty firm seat which I like. I have the HSE so a zillion electric adjustments incl the sides move in and out beside your back which helps. Also the length of the seat base which is handy if you don't have the longest legs in the world
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

GobblerMan

Post by GobblerMan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Interesting thread.

I am very temperamental with my seating position. I have a Chevy Prism that is manual seat positioning. Every time the inspectors get in the car, I have to readjust. But I have the notches noted now, so I can always return to the correct position.

I was able to get my G37 dialed in to where I was always comfortable in it. That was with the bolstered sports seat, which is a firmer seat type. Took me about a month to get it just right.

I have not been able to correctly zone in my E-Pace yet, but I am getting very close. I have an SE model. I started off matching my G37 in general position. I saved that to memory 1. This caused a little knee soreness. Made some adjustments and saved it to memory 2. Took a long trip and noticed some soreness in the shoulder. Further adjustments point me in memory 3.

I now have two decent settings. Memory 1 for short rides, and Memory 3 for long rides. Still need work there.

Of course, these adjustments leave so much room for micro-adjustments. I have found that slight movements in the lumbar support make big changes in comfort.

I also have two different problems with making adjustments. One is I drive left handed and the adjustments are on the left side. Meaning I shift my seating position to make adjustments. The reach is farther in the E-Pace than my G37 which is why my G37 was easier. Then my Steering column is manual and does not have those fine adjustments, leaving me with less choice there.