Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Not good news !!!

8K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  siepel 
#1 ·
Being the owner of a 2019 HSE, Which itself was not without a few minor problems, I decided to order a new 2021 model from my local dealer, to my exact spec.
OK I accept the COVID delays, but having ordered in November 2020, I was to say the least disappointed today to get a call from my dealer telling me the car was now in stock, however they have been forbidden to register it by JLR due to a seat belt fault that is yet to be rectified.
Last word from them, they will in touch in a week or so when they have instructions on the fix, not looking good, a car with reported faults even before I get it !!!

#3 ·
I suppose the dealer wants to keep me sweet, this is my third car from them, if JLR are going all Electric in 4 years I won't be buying another one.
Full agree with you on the warranty issue, I had an Evoque which was faultless for 50k miles at 30 months then a different warning light was on every week, as if it was planned to get me to change !!!

#4 ·
It's a good thing that quality check didn't miss the faulty seat belt, even if that means an extra delay for you.. mine is due mid/late march..

As for warranty did you consider suscribing a car insurance that covers mecanical/electrical issues even after the manufacturer's warranty expired ?
Works for me in France up to the 10th year of a vehicle and it covers pretty much the same as the original warranty (everything expensive is included).

#5 ·
As I very rarely keep a car more than 2 years, and I really do a lot of miles the extended warranty insurance is not really for me.
I have done as much as 65k miles in one year, and up to a 1000 miles in one day, in the last 5 years I have been south as far as Rome and north as far as Oslo.
The point I am making is all I want is reliability, and to have a fault reported before I even get the car, just makes me question my choice of brand.
It just needs to log up 3 faults and it gone, no matter how old !!!.

#11 ·
Mine is scheduled for april, the 2d. It got out of the factory march the 15th.

My dealer (in France) has no info on any seat belt issue, so may we assume that there was an issue on the assembly chain on one / several specific days ?

Has your dealers been able to register other E-Paces ?

#12 ·
So just had an update from Jaguar customer services that the fault is with a sensor and there are about 1200 vehicles affected , they are trying to get new sensors from the supply chain and hope to have an update next week .

#14 ·
Gee man said:
That's interesting. I ordered mine early March this year and it was delivered on the 25th and there was no mention of this seat belt fault.
Do you have any more information.
What is more interesting here (for me at least) is how did you manage to get your car so quickly..??!! We ordered end of February and will not even have a delivery date before end of this month :D

#18 ·
Just found news on the seat belt issue :
"An incorrect wiring harness configuration to the restraints control module (RCM) links the wrong seat belt buckle - this can cause the driver's seatbelt pre-tensioner to not function, unless the front passenger seat is occupied."
"In the event of an accident, the driver's seat belt pre-tensioner may not operate when required. This could increase the risk of injury or, in the case of a serious accident, increase the risk of death to vehicle occupants,"

https://www.caradvice.com.au/955046/2021-jaguar-e-pace-recalled-with-seatbelt-fault/

#20 ·
Well that's odd.. mine was produced in the UK. I thought it would be in Austria too but the dealer told me once « Good news your vehicle left the factory and is now on the ship ». I was confused as I didn't recall any ocean between France & Austria 🤣, I asked him about it and he confirmed that it was made in the UK.

Just checked my VIN number which starts with SA.
SA to SM = UK
VA to VE = Austria
> update : that's just the World Manufacturer Identification not the country where it was manufactured.

#21 ·
It seems that we don't use the same references ...
Actually, according to the/my booklet, the VIN format is XXX Y A 2 A K ? L C 999999 with
XXX : world manufacturer identification code
Y : car brand and model
A : car category
2 : car body
A : transmission and steering type
K : engine
? : authorization code of the vehicle builder
L : MY, i.e., L (2020), M (2021), N (2022), P (2023), R (2024), S (2025)
C : plant in which the vehicle was manufactured, i.e., A (Solihull, UK), C (Castle Bromwich, UK), G (Changshu, China), H (Halewood, UK), L (Pune, India), S (Oxford Road, UK), T (Itatiaia, Brazil), 1 (Graz, Austria), 2 (Nitra, Slovakia)
999999 : serial number

In my case, C = 1, although the dealer also told me that the car came from UK ...
NB: just as it is the case for me, the VIN of the cars involved in the recall (see the link U sent) also start with SAD

#22 ·
You're completely right.
SAD is only the WMI.. I've found online that it stated for the country where it was manufactured but it simply doesn't !

Why would dealers say the car was made in the UK instead of Austria ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.