New to Jag / E-Pace - A Few Questions: Toolkit, Start Stop, Sensors

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
CGC

Re: New to Jag / E-Pace - A Few Questions: Toolkit, Start Stop, Sensors

Post by CGC » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:27 am

You can fold the mirrors by pressing both left and right buttons at the same time. At a stop leave it in drive and press the park brake button you can then take your foot of the brake, when moving away just press the throttle, easy .

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:49 pm

<looking for a 'like' button on here for mfl's post..!>
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

Ron Swanson

Post by Ron Swanson » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:00 am

I have now had the e-pace for three weeks and I am really pleased with it.

I have a few more questions.

Fuel Mist
I think I already have the answer to this as there are many postings for JLR vehicles. This was a bit of a shock when I first experienced it but reading the other posts it is (was) quite common 2015+ and nothing to worry about.

When I first filled up I did notice the nozzle does not go in as far as petrol and that's due to the wrong fuel protection device. Then I noticed the smell and the mist. Getting back in the card I noticed my hands were dusted with that mist. I guess that's why there are plastic gloves available at the pumps.

So just to confirm: the fuel misting is perfectly fine and that it still happens with 19+ plates?

Dash Media Display
This is the one in the centre between the binnacles. If you set this to show the media info it is about as useful as a rubber screwdriver. The screen does not scroll sideways so it is impossible to see the full name of the artist and totally impossible to see the track if the station displays something like "Now playing Buck Rogers" all you see is "Now playi..." Useless!

Seat Return on Startup Sometimes Not Work
This is the feature when you get in the car and start the engine. The seat is supposed to rise up. Most of the time it does, sometimes I have noticed it does not and sometimes I have noticed it starts to rise and then stops.

In Control Live Feature
I have the In Control App and used the website browser page. I was expecting the Live page to show live stats for the car such as tyre pressure, fuel and battery levels but all I get is a list of a installaed Apps such as Flight Tracker, News, Notifications, Weather etc. So what 'live' is this live? Should this not show Live settings such as levels?

That brings me onto ODBC. If these cars are so connected then why is odbc still used? Why not just get all the diagnostics from wifi?

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:00 pm

The Live functions in theory use the sim card to display live news and weather in the left hand panel if you want them. I think it's supposed to give you live flight time info if you were setting off to meet someone from the airport or suchlike (remember those days..?!)

I say in theory as my sim has only worked about twice in the 18 months I've had the car. I've actually given up on it tbh.
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

pxr5

Post by pxr5 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:11 pm

I tried using the handbrake today when stopping. Works OK, but it's still in a crappy place - should be in the middle.
HSE D240. Caesium Blue. Lunar/Light Oyster interior.

Michael-EPace33

Post by Michael-EPace33 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:10 am

This is a really useful post. I've also used the handbrake as described and it's spot on. Still confused about do I push it or pull it and have to look down to find it, but you get a clear status indicator on the dashboard showing what's what anyway.

Also got it wrong when I forgot I'd set it at a set of roadworks lights and started playing with the gear stick and just about got away before everyone behind me found their hooters. It's because I still try to shift the gear stick into park and lift the handbrake at long stops. Too many years driving ordinary automatics.

mfl

Post by mfl » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:37 pm

I’ve been using the EPB for a couple of weeks or so and it definitely feels the right thing to do. One thing I’ve noticed is that if the auto stop/start is activated the engine stops as normal as you come to a halt, but when you apply the EPB it starts up again. Maybe the car can’t manage a smooth pull away unless the engine is already running when you hit the gas. Or perhaps it’s just mine. Can’t say I’m too bothered. The engine never seemed to stay stopped for long anyway, with the radio and air con on.
D180 AWD Auto, Firenze Red. Feb 2018

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Sun May 02, 2021 4:05 pm

the parking sensors are slow to react some times so if your screen is not showing assume it’s still unsure if your parking or near anything. Compared to any other car I have owned they are easily the slowest reacting sensors and are prone to false positives more as well. I only have the S spec version so not the 360 camera btw.