Route Planner with 2021 PiviPro

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
AdsBoyd

Route Planner with 2021 PiviPro

Post by AdsBoyd » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi

Has anyone been able to setup their 2021 PiviPro system to use the incontrol route planner software?
I have the app and on the web page and both say I dont have a car registered to my account.
I try add my car via the VIN and it says its not a valid VIN.

The car is setup to use InControl for all other features and apps, but just the navigation wont work.
Very annoying as I prefer to setup my routes via my PC so I can check accuracy on google maps.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Adam

Jaguar E-Pace S R-Dynamic 2021

shadow

Re: Route Planner with 2021 PiviPro

Post by shadow » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:13 pm

I just downloaded the "Jaguar InControl Route Planner" app but I can't get through connection as it states that my e-mail is not linked to any account... and I didn't find the route planner on the InControl website.
My car is also linked to InControl without any issue, well when I don't have to recreate my profile and reconnect to InControl every now and then.
MY21/ P200 (Flexfuel) HSE R-Dynamic / BluefireBlue

siepel

Post by siepel » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:14 am

From what I could find on this is that the software is only for the previous generation navigation systems and not pivi pro.

I would already be happy if I can only send a destination to the car from the app, but even such simple functionality is not available yet. Some internet sources suggest it's being worked on.

Has anyone been successful with the voice command function? I get a lot of "I didn't get that - please say bla bla" :)

shadow

Post by shadow » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:51 am

I don’t use vocal assistants that much nevertheless I just enjoy saying « I’m hot / cold » to see the AC turning down/up 1°C.
MY21/ P200 (Flexfuel) HSE R-Dynamic / BluefireBlue

AdsBoyd

Post by AdsBoyd » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:46 pm

The voice has improved with the recent update, but usually quicker and easier not to bother!
Whenever I try to show off to the kids with it, it always lets me down :D

SDM

Post by SDM » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:18 pm

Has anyone had issues with the route planner using incorrect directions?

Once when driving in London it insisted on taking me through Greenwich Park where the route has been closed for what seems like years. The other time cost me a PCN fine for going down a road they've changed to no entry recently. I've managed to avoid a couple of other near fines and when in London now tend to use waze via AppleCar which is a little frustrating as I don't get the dashboard directions.
MY21 R-DYNAMIC S D165 AWD AUTOMATIC MHEV

siepel

Post by siepel » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:46 pm

SDM wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:18 pm
Has anyone had issues with the route planner using incorrect directions?
Yes. I can't say it's very up-to-date. I expected more of it, but am hopeful the performance will become better over time :|
Updated speed limits (over one year) and road direction reversals are not taken into account still after considerable time...