So who is buying another one?

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Pwood

So who is buying another one?

Post by Pwood » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:25 pm

After multiple annoyances I decided that before 3 years are up I would buy something else. Simple but no appears not. I’ve looked at all sorts but the practicality of the size, styling and functionality is proving hard to beat. That and getting any timeous response from salespersons it seems!

The PHEV seems a logical step up for me as it would suit my weekly driving but I may as well give up trying to test one. I will not buy another petrol whilst it has the 9 speed box as its poor around town and in traffic. Evoque is probably a wiser choice residual value wise.

Would you buy another? If not where do you see yourself heading?
P300e

Taurus

Re: So who is buying another one?

Post by Taurus » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:44 pm

I've had 2, an early S "2018" model, swapped for a later model SE "2020" both new bought from stock, both 180 diesel, had no problems with either, dealer has been brilliant, often calls for a chat, I've been looking at going PHEV, but like yourself want to try one, that has an 8speed, but due to poor immune system journeys out have not been possible, I've got 18 months to go on present deal, but will likely end up with another one
E-Pace SE 180d, Caldera red, Jet trim, fixed panoramic roof, privacy glass, 19" 5 spoke satin dark grey wheels.

TonyB

Post by TonyB » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:37 pm

I am. Currently have a 2018 D180 S and I'm changing it for a 2021 D200 HSE. For me it's been a great car and am happy to buy another. Picking it up on Wednesday. Looked at the P300E but as I have a caravan I didn't feel it would cut it towing on long journeys.

Jiggyjag

Post by Jiggyjag » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:21 pm

Appart from a few rattles that I'm sure the dealer will fix, I'm very happy with mine.
Curr: MY20 E-Pace P200 Chequered Flag, Photon red
Prev: MY18 XE P250 Portfolio RWD, Loire blue / Oyster
Prev: MY17 XE D180 Prestige Auto, Odyssey red / Latte

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:49 pm

TonyB wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:37 pm
I am. Currently have a 2018 D180 S and I'm changing it for a 2021 D200 HSE. For me it's been a great car and am happy to buy another. Picking it up on Wednesday. Looked at the P300E but as I have a caravan I didn't feel it would cut it towing on long journeys.
The D200 will be a improvement for that use a P300 would have be horrendous on fuel if my P250 is anything to go by. Interested to see your experience of Pivi Pro over the old one.
P300e

GobblerMan

Post by GobblerMan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:30 pm

In the US here...but joining the discussion. I am now getting my second one. I am upgrading from a P250 SE 2020 to a P300 Sport 2022. I feel that the E-Pace is a great vehicle and that is why I decided to make a change now. I wanted something that I truly wanted to be in for 10 years. The P250 has good power and fun, but the P300 will give the extra jump. Compared to many of the other choices out there, it is a fine choice, as many other cars have the odd issues.

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:19 pm

In answer to my own question the answer is ME! I test drove an Evoque PHEV as no Epace in my dealer to drive as the drivetrain was the main reason I wanted to drive it. Low speed PHEV was brilliant as I hoped. They had an EPace PHEV new in stock in last week, so...drumroll....basically I pick it up end of next week. My cars value has risen beyond belief in 3 months :o
P300e

DevonMan

Post by DevonMan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:36 am

I’ve been watching the value of my car rise on webuyanycar over the last month. This is partly being driven by a lack of new stock feeding the market, so presumably new car discounts are thinner or non-existent?
R Dynamic P250 HSE Frienze Red

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Devon man I kinda thought the same re discounts on new cars but I got a a great deal on mine. Long build times are off putting for some and I was one of them.

It’s very tricky if you have a car to trade in and have to wait several months as this current 2nd hand boom can’t last forever. I thought I had missed the boat to be honest as a Feb build was probably the most feasible by which time the 2nd hand value of mine could have plummeted or maybe not

I think if you have a good car to trade in and compromise on spec if something is in stock, you may do well to jump sooner rather than later if your after a new one. That said look at Jaguar.co.uk or Landrover for in stock cars and it shows pretty much none unless your after Range Rovers with high price tags.

Dealers are getting stock for resale it seems albeit it’s a trickle and won’t hang around.
P300e