Options to choose

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
WaywardFaun

Options to choose

Post by WaywardFaun » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:48 am

When I first looked at the E-Pace I was slightly overwhelmed by the long list of options. I selected some, and ignored others and now I have received by SE I am giddy with the whole experience and many of the options. Not all of which were ones I would have selected. I have decided to review some here to inform visitors what they are getting for their money. If I get some positive feedback I will continue.

Flachead

Re: Options to choose

Post by Flachead » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:56 am

Good idea, was thinking of something similar, things I bought I wouldn’t again, things I like and things I wish I’d bought...

WaywardFaun

Post by WaywardFaun » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:00 pm

First option is the click and go attachment and coat hanger. You need the £32 attachment to use the £64 coat hanger. So this is effectively a £96 coat hanger. I was put off by the price and hesitated a lot before I selected it. In the end because I am the Mayor of my local town I go to a lot of civic functions and thus wear a good suit or jacket. This is not a cheap work suit but something that is expensive and needs taken care of. So The money is an investment.

I have now used the coathanger. Although it is expensive it is worth the money. It hangs the jacket well and by positioning it on the rear of the chair the jacket is hanging free from the floor and the sides. It is not in anyone's way. The hanger can be clicked off and removed so that the jacket can be taken still on the hanger from the car. This is not so easy as the mechanism is difficult to access with a jacket on the hanger. Once removed however a new feature stands out. On the top of the hanger is a pull out hook. Using this the hanger can be hung on a standard coat rail. Neat idea.

This option is added on the car by the dealer as part of the delivery. In all the photos of the option it is placed on the driver's chair. My dealer decided to place it on the passenger chair. This is irritating. At first I did not think it mattered. But having to get out of the car without a jacket on, walk around the car to the passenger side on a cold or wet day, and you soon see why this is a bad idea.

Further this is a wide car. You soon learn to park carefully and sometimes this means tucking it in against a wall or similar when you have no passenger. So the access to the passenger side is thus restricted and makes it even harder to get to the jacket. So this is one option I am going to get the dealer to change and put it where it should be.

Flachead

Post by Flachead » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Ambient Lighting cost £310

Having had a Mini for 7 years prior to this, I’m bought into the ambient lighting thing. I read somewhere on this site that you set it once and never use it again but I did find that I would cycle the lights in the Mini, usually when in a traffic queue.

The e-pace one does create a nice glow in the cabin, adding to the overall feel. I currently have it on the turquoise that matches the swithgear backlights so overall looks very nice. I also like that it changes to red in Dynamic mode. I accept there is a novelty value but the overall effect is very nice. Again to cite another poster, it’s the little things that can make the difference.

Is it worth £310? Probably not, but I guess most options will struggle to justify their price tag. Would I buy it again? Yes, I like it and it creates a very nice atmosphere.

In summary it’s a nice to have not a must have...

WaywardFaun

Post by WaywardFaun » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:23 pm

I-Phone Dock £164

I don't like it. In my opinion a complete waste of money. It is a docking station for the IPhone stuck in the passenger cup holder slot. It is very tight. To put an Iphone in the slot you need force and NO cover. Any cover at all means that it does not go in. Further you cannot use the phone once plugged in. The incontrol apps switch off the phone screen and you control the few apps you have using the Jag's touchscreen. An ordinary lead would work just as well and the phone could be left inside the central console storage box.

Flachead

Post by Flachead » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:11 am

360° Camera £310

Definitely glad I got this one. Already been boxed in a couple of tight spaces and manoeuvring is made much easier with the cameras. I don’t think the E-Pace has the best rearward visibility and it is a wide car so any help on offer is welcome.

One thing though, when manoeuvring forward, on my wife’s Qashqai, the camera sensibly comes on automatically as you get near an obstacle, however, as far as I can tell, I have to press the camera button to get it to come on, which is a shame in a car that practically does everything for you.

murchison2003

Post by murchison2003 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 am

MeridIan sound system if your a music lover is a must, it's awesome

murchison2003

Post by murchison2003 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:56 am

The lights on the E Pace are great and the AHBA just finishes it off

Flachead

Post by Flachead » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:17 pm

murchison2003 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 am
MeridIan sound system if your a music lover is a must, it's awesome
Agree wholeheartedly...

Flava007

Post by Flava007 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:41 pm

ImageHi the options on mine were 19" mat grey alloys, black roof ,heated leather seats, black exterior pack, car mats I didn't choose any of these as I bought the car as it was but I have to say firenze red with grey alloys and a black roof looks the part .

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”