Sat Nav set up

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
ctoneman

Sat Nav set up

Post by ctoneman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:56 pm

On the E-Pace are there settings to choose “fastest, economical. Shortest etc “ ?

I can’t find the menu if there is

It seems to always want to direct me down single track roads which sometimes I don’t want to do 😱

Any settings I can do to prevent that ?
E-Pace S D180 AWD Auto Firenze Red

alistercampbell

Re: Sat Nav set up

Post by alistercampbell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:13 pm

I noticed the same thing during a weekend in Devon, the E-Pace was dead set on avoiding anything as mainstream as an A road. I’ve found the option to look at route options after entering a destination but this doesn’t really help if you don’t know the area as they aren’t labelled as “fastest”, “shortest”,etc.

Wattie

Post by Wattie » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:39 am

I was hoping software being updated would give better options to select routes as I am fed up with going down B roads it only seems to want to take the shortest route 🙁
E Pace P250 Corris Grey

boba

Post by boba » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:02 am

When you select a destination it normally gives a choice of routes and the the time/distance. You can also indicate road preferences in the navigation setup to avoid certain road types. I’ve had satnav in VW, BMW and Mercedes cars and I don’t notice any difference in the way the Jaguar routes. I have friends in Devon and on the approach to their village each of my cars has tried to take me along a particular gated single track road when there is an A road alongside that might be half a mile longer. Sometimes you just have to ignore what the satnav is telling you.

Cawsie

Post by Cawsie » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:41 pm

I just use my Android phones' maps connected via android auto

PFraz

Post by PFraz » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:18 pm

Simple, once you have set your destination click the green "Route Option" button to the right on the main screen, this will give other options of routes that are available.
E-Pace Cq Flag D180