Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Gfplux
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by Gfplux » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Jagster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:23 pm
I’m expecting delivery in March am I right in assuming that will be a my19 car and if so does anyone know if I can expect phase 4 software and apple carplay already installed? And if not how do I get the software updates and does it cost anything?
Do you have a build date. I have a February 7th build date and the salesman has “guaranteed” that Android and Apple play will be on board which I am assuming means phase 4 software.
Frankly when they tell me the car is ready I will be visiting the dealer BEFORE I transfer the money to check.


Jagster
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by Jagster » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:36 pm

Gfplux wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 pm
Jagster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:23 pm
I’m expecting delivery in March am I right in assuming that will be a my19 car and if so does anyone know if I can expect phase 4 software and apple carplay already installed? And if not how do I get the software updates and does it cost anything?
Do you have a build date. I have a February 7th build date and the salesman has “guaranteed” that Android and Apple play will be on board which I am assuming means phase 4 software.
Frankly when they tell me the car is ready I will be visiting the dealer BEFORE I transfer the money to check.
I haven’t had a build date the dealer only told me when delivery was expected, I will email them and see what information I can get and report back, when did you order your car? I ordered november 15th, I hope it does come with apple car play already as I have noticed jag have added it to their accessories page but perhaps that is for customers that already have their car


Gfplux
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by Gfplux » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Jagster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:36 pm
Gfplux wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 pm
Jagster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:23 pm
I’m expecting delivery in March am I right in assuming that will be a my19 car and if so does anyone know if I can expect phase 4 software and apple carplay already installed? And if not how do I get the software updates and does it cost anything?
Do you have a build date. I have a February 7th build date and the salesman has “guaranteed” that Android and Apple play will be on board which I am assuming means phase 4 software.
Frankly when they tell me the car is ready I will be visiting the dealer BEFORE I transfer the money to check.
I haven’t had a build date the dealer only told me when delivery was expected, I will email them and see what information I can get and report back, when did you order your car? I ordered november 15th, I hope it does come with apple car play already as I have noticed jag have added it to their accessories page but perhaps that is for customers that already have their car
I ordered on 21st November and the salesman gave the build date about two weeks later.
I am in Luxembourg where are you.


Jagster
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by Jagster » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:17 am

Gfplux wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:57 pm
Jagster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:36 pm
Gfplux wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 pm


Do you have a build date. I have a February 7th build date and the salesman has “guaranteed” that Android and Apple play will be on board which I am assuming means phase 4 software.
Frankly when they tell me the car is ready I will be visiting the dealer BEFORE I transfer the money to check.
I haven’t had a build date the dealer only told me when delivery was expected, I will email them and see what information I can get and report back, when did you order your car? I ordered november 15th, I hope it does come with apple car play already as I have noticed jag have added it to their accessories page but perhaps that is for customers that already have their car
I ordered on 21st November and the salesman gave the build date about two weeks later.
I am in Luxembourg where are you.
I’ve had a reply almost straight away this morning car build date is 29th January, I’m in Manchester, England


nicant
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by nicant » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi all

Please remember that if you did not take the satnav option like I did not as I was planning on using apple car play, you must pay for the InControl Apps option or you will not have the correct interface to enable Apple or android car play.

Unfortunately I did not know about this and am now stuck with a brand new (15th November 18) E-Pace with no satnav or InControl apps so only radio and phone 😡


PLF
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by PLF » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Yes, same for me....
and we can’t even retrofit anything to get it.... shame.


glennhatton1
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by glennhatton1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 pm

My build date is the end of March, if I select the In-Control Apps which I believe is around £55 to add on, will this enable Android auto? Or do I need to add the Nav upgrade as well which totals over £1K?


PLF
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by PLF » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Message from Jaguar customer support here on this forum :

« I can confirm that vehicles will require a 10 inch screen and InControl Touch Pro to enable Apple Carplay.« 

Cheers


glennhatton1
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by glennhatton1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Message from Jaguar customer support here on this forum :

« I can confirm that vehicles will require a 10 inch screen and InControl Touch Pro to enable Apple Carplay.« 

Cheers

Is the In control touch pro an additional extra and if so, how much is this or does it come as standard?

Alternatively does this come if you add the In control apps option?

Thanks


Jagster
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are here! The good and bad news...

Post by Jagster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Has anyone had a car delivered recently with acp and aa without having to pay for it, ie already installed before delivery without negotiating for it? Reason I ask is I’ve emailed dealership twice to ask if it will be installed as I’m assuming all new cars from this year will have phase 4 software and acp as standard but they have a way of keep skirting around the question and answering something else so if I cannot get an answer on here I think I’ll have to visit in person


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”