Power tailgate

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Jenny jaguar

Power tailgate

Post by Jenny jaguar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi just ordered a power tailgate kit after market to fit e pace arrives tomorrow if any one interested will post details when I have fitted them

alp

Re: Power tailgate

Post by alp » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Power Tailgate Kit? I could do with some help lifting the tailgate which is quite heavy. I know you'll post details after fitment but can you tell me more now about what it is and where to order it please?
Basically I think the tailgate lift cylinders have too low a pressure and hold it up when it's up but don't help much with lifting.

PhilS

Post by PhilS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi Jenny Jaguar,

Could you please keep us posted. I am interested. Well done finding one.

PhilS.

Jenny jaguar

Post by Jenny jaguar » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Just Arrived this evening, taken the tailgate panels off ready will be fitting on the weekend,got the kit from China no surprise there I believe it’s a huge company and really pleasant to deal with took about 1 week for delivery the company name is www.powertailgateliftkits.com dealt with Carroll Chan so very helpful. I will post the results when fitted but looks quality

Andyben

Post by Andyben » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:49 am

well?

Jenny jaguar

Post by Jenny jaguar » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Ok all fitted took me about 3 hours instructions not that clear but all wires have different connectors so you cannot go wrong, fantastic piece of kit am well pleased with it, if anyone wants any details let me know, cost is approximately £350

PhilS

Post by PhilS » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi, Do you have any pictures of the lit being installed? Or when finished. Thanks

alp

Post by alp » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks for being our pioneer on this.
Can you let us know if you needed to make any extra holes in the lid etc to fit this kit? My car's on a PCP plan so I don't want to make any mods to the car which I can't return to standard.
I'm also wondering if the electric lift replaces the normal lid lift cylinders.
Where did the electric power to the system tap into the cars electrics?
The internet site for this kit didn't actually show much detail so it must have been a shot in the dark to buy this but it seems to have worked out well for you.
I'm also wondering if the Jaguar electric lift parts can be retro fitted so I'll check that out next week.
Thanks

Jenny jaguar

Post by Jenny jaguar » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:27 pm

No holes to drill apart from one for a close button in the plastic inner tailgate panel but you don’t need to install this switch you can use your key fob every time your gas struts are replaced with motorised ones but you can put your own back at the end of lease electrical connection is connected to original loom just straight forward the tricky bit is threading cables but all goes like clockwork

graham14

Post by graham14 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:26 am

Hi,
Have looked at website but cannot system for e pace
Can you point me in the right direction?

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”