Power tailgate

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Jenny jaguar

Re: Power tailgate

Post by Jenny jaguar » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:56 am

Yes sales 03 good luck if you’re still having problems let me know I’ve got an instagram address for them cheers John

PLF

Post by PLF » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:32 am

Yes, I confirm : with this new email address, Carroll replies very quickly. Thanks ! 👍🏻
So, I hesitate : that’s 280£, but am I going to be able to mount it ?
Have you done it yourself ? What is tricky ?
How does it look like once finished ?

Jenny jaguar

Post by Jenny jaguar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Yes did it myself and I’m 71 so if I can do it I’m sure most people can the tricky part is seeing all the wires, but they all have a place you can’t put them into the wrong sockets,the panels come off quite easy with a £3.99 panel removing kit from amazon, the hardest part is threading two cables through the flexi pipe between tailgate and body,but no where near as hard as I thought it would be , and there are people on this thread that will have now fitted them so if you need help just ask we will offer help, just be aware that you may be or may not be charged import duties, still astounding why Jaguar don’t fit these on all models as the tailgate is ton weight and when the original gas struts get worn then it’s going to be really hard work to open , the power kit is a revelation for me , good luck in whatever you decide to do ,if you need any more information don’t hesitate. John

Jenny jaguar

Post by Jenny jaguar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Sorry you asked how it looks,it looks professional you cannot tell the difference between the factory fitted kit

PLF

Post by PLF » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:19 am

Thank you John, that’s reassuring. I think I’m gonnq fall for it. ;) this trunk is soooo annoying. Makes me angry every time. Grrrr
I asked Carroll to give me an estimate of the shipping cost. (I was hoping a free shipping... :( )

Jenny jaguar

Post by Jenny jaguar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 am

Think it’s about £16

PLF

Post by PLF » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm

No, 16$ is the Paypal fee.
78$ is the shipping.
Total : 461$
They proposed to add the foot captor (value 96$) but I don’t care and I just want to reduce my budget. (I’m a bit short, after Xmas... 😜)

bobc

Post by bobc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi Guys, has anybody else installed this kit yet, how did you get on? did you cut the hole in the panel for new switch if so how? do you need to support the tailgate when taking old struts off? I'm trying to order kit but factory is closed for Chinese new year holidays. Thanks again to John for the PDF and advice.

Taurus

Post by Taurus » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi bobc, will try to help you, yes you will have to support the tailgate when struts are taken off, for safety prop tailgate with a piece of wood, remove one at a time and replace anchor brackets with new re-shaped ones supplied, gently pull new struts to extend their length, then push ball joints onto anchor plates, I cut the hole for the switch, just measured space behind panel, applied masking tape to outside, drilled holes at the corners then used a Dremel bit and cut slightly undersize and filed to line on tape until switch was a snug fit, then a slightly larger cut about a 1/4 inch wide at the sides for the barbs on the switch to pass through, I can give you measurements for hole position if you need it, Tony
E-Pace S 180d, Firenze red, Jet trim, fixed panoramic roof, privacy glass, 19" 5 spoke satin dark grey wheels.

bobc

Post by bobc » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am

Thanks Tony, I am now in contact with carol but still haven't been able to place order.

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”