Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Power tailgate

53K views 90 replies 27 participants last post by  stuartwoodhouse64 
#1 ·
Hi just ordered a power tailgate kit after market to fit e pace arrives tomorrow if any one interested will post details when I have fitted them

#2 ·
Power Tailgate Kit? I could do with some help lifting the tailgate which is quite heavy. I know you'll post details after fitment but can you tell me more now about what it is and where to order it please?
Basically I think the tailgate lift cylinders have too low a pressure and hold it up when it's up but don't help much with lifting.

#4 ·
Just Arrived this evening, taken the tailgate panels off ready will be fitting on the weekend,got the kit from China no surprise there I believe it's a huge company and really pleasant to deal with took about 1 week for delivery the company name is www.powertailgateliftkits.com dealt with Carroll Chan so very helpful. I will post the results when fitted but looks quality

#8 ·
Thanks for being our pioneer on this.
Can you let us know if you needed to make any extra holes in the lid etc to fit this kit? My car's on a PCP plan so I don't want to make any mods to the car which I can't return to standard.
I'm also wondering if the electric lift replaces the normal lid lift cylinders.
Where did the electric power to the system tap into the cars electrics?
The internet site for this kit didn't actually show much detail so it must have been a shot in the dark to buy this but it seems to have worked out well for you.
I'm also wondering if the Jaguar electric lift parts can be retro fitted so I'll check that out next week.
Thanks

#9 ·
No holes to drill apart from one for a close button in the plastic inner tailgate panel but you don't need to install this switch you can use your key fob every time your gas struts are replaced with motorised ones but you can put your own back at the end of lease electrical connection is connected to original loom just straight forward the tricky bit is threading cables but all goes like clockwork

#11 ·
Hi Jenny, I also have looked on website and couldn't find detail. could you let us have kit number, and any other details needed to order, thanks for sharing, Tony. p.s. pictures would be nice if possible.

#12 ·
Jenny jaguar said:
No holes to drill apart from one for a close button in the plastic inner tailgate panel but you don't need to install this switch you can use your key fob every time your gas struts are replaced with motorised ones but you can put your own back at the end of lease electrical connection is connected to original loom just straight forward the tricky bit is threading cables but all goes like clockwork
Thanks for the info. much appreciated.

#16 ·
Pdf receive John (@Jenny Jaguar) many thanks. I printed mine off on photo paper to ensure I could see the details on the photos which worked well.
I'm impressed with the thoroughness of the kit and instructions.
I'll now settle down and inwardly digest it all.
Cheers.

#22 ·
Jenny jaguar said:
Hi Jenny,

do you have any pictures of your kit once installed ? I would love to see how it fits.

thanks

#25 ·
It's less than the cost of specifying on original order, works out about £365 delivered depending on exchange rates on the day, the sting in the tail is HMRC fees, which can add about another £90, not all packages are checked so you may not pay this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.