Very loud fan noise

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Briarwood

Very loud fan noise

Post by Briarwood » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm

So we are having some lovely weather at the moment. Driving home tonight I noticed a loud cooling fan noise, so loud I could hear it over the radio. No warning lights or overheating. Pulled in the driveway and even the neighbour came across and commented on the loud noise coming from the engine with a light knocking as well. Don’t want to make a fool of myself by calling someone out for a cooling fan but it’s never been that loud. It’s a four month old P200 - anyone else experiencing this?

Jph

Re: Very loud fan noise

Post by Jph » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:59 am

I have a P250 and never noticed the fan noise until today. (Despite driving in >40 C heat for much of this summer). Turned off the engine, got out of the car and the fan was going like the clappers, making more noise than the engine would at idle.
About 10 seconds later the fan begins to slow and gradually shuts down over further 10 seconds.

I recommend checking to see if some debris is caught in the fan causing the excessive noise though.
Cheers
John

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Took it in today for a 15 minute triage appointment, the service area is half indoors and everyone was staring at it as I drove in. The guy who came over said it sounded like it was about to take off! The fan needs replacing so they are ordering the part. Not sure how I feel about failing parts on a 3 month old car even if it is a warranty repair.

Stevenkiernan0908

Post by Stevenkiernan0908 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Mine does the same its got the point its embarrassing to pull up anywhere, sound like this is becoming a common fault ?

shepherd112

Post by shepherd112 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:48 pm

OK, Did anyone get sorted with this. Mine went in last Thursday for the loud fan noise issue and they said to me exactly the same comments as Briarwood. When I drove it in the comment was "Sounds like its about to take off"

Anyway, Thursday they downloaded new software as they thought that would solve the issue. That didnt work so they ordered new water pump. That was fitted Friday afternoon followed by a quality check. That quality check failed. Saturday only update I got was that it was still not fixed and they would have to contact Jaguar technical team. However, they would not be available until Monday. Monday came and the suggestion from Jaguar was that it was a "Coolant Valve" issue rather than water pump. Tuesday morning called for an update and they told me there was still no fix and admitted a bit of head scratching going on. They re confirmed that Jaguar were involved but at present I have been 5 days without the vehicle.

Interested to see if others have had this resolved

S

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:19 am

Oh no! Mine goes in today - they said it needs a new fan, can’t cope without a car for five days - will let you know what happens.

shepherd112

Post by shepherd112 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:29 am

Briarwood wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:19 am
Oh no! Mine goes in today - they said it needs a new fan, can’t cope without a car for five days - will let you know what happens.
Yeah let me know, mine will be in a week tomorrow, still no sign of a fix. Where you based?

Martine

Post by Martine » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:41 pm

I have a p200 which is max 6 months old and over the last few weeks the fan has been kicking in after about 20 mins of driving - and yes it sounds like it’s about to take off! The technical guy at Beadles (where I got it) said it sounded like the fan issue and it’s going in on Friday. Will let you know the outcome.

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:14 am

Mine still in this morning will update tonight

shepherd112

Post by shepherd112 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 am

Briarwood wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:14 am
Mine still in this morning will update tonight
Hi, so they didnt manage to fix yesterday. Can I ask what dealership you are dealing with ? Mine is now 7 days in the garage, no fix

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”