Jalees

Re: Very loud fan noise

Post by Jalees » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Reijy24 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:03 am
Tricky wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:55 pm
Hi guys,

An owner of a P250 E-pace in Sydney Australia. Six months later i am having that loud fan noise issue as well. Booked in for diagnostics next Thursday. Let's hope they are cluey as to what it is happening with the car. Reading here that few cars had their water pumps changed. Will mention that to the technical department when i drop the car off. Has anyone experienced that loud fan noise issue again since their water pumps being changed? Cheers!
The fan noise came back again last week, after I have my coolant pump changed 3 months ago. :|
Please don't scare me it's been a month now 1000 miles after water pump change so far all is good in my case it's fpace but same engine. :shock:

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:53 pm

Kelly if your car is coverered by Jaguar assist call them describing the problem and that you are not happy driving the car, not the dealership, they will source a courtesy car, might not be a jag but you will have a car to drive.

Oggie13

Post by Oggie13 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi to all, good news for you if you are having trouble with this very loud fan noise. My E Pace S P250 started with it yesterday after approximately 5,500 miles, and sounded like a hovercraft on steroids, so I contacted my dealership, Farnell Jaguar Bolton. They advised me to contact Jaguar Assistance who would deal with the problem. I thought, mmm... will they? But yes they have! Within 90 minutes of my call, via the Jaguar Remote app on my phone, there was a knock at the door, at about 6:00pm, and a JLR liveried Technician had arrived to look at the car. He confirmed, using his diagnostic tablet, that it was a fault on a sensor on the small water pump that feeds cooling water to the intercooler. It 'thinks' that the valve to the pump is closed and so initiates a signal to the cars' management unit to start rapid cooling via the electric fan. The fault is resolved by replacing the pump; a faulty batch he said. He told me to wait for a call back from Jaguar Assistance, who would receive his report, and they would advise me of the next step to resolving the problem. Within an hour I received a call from Jaguar Assistance and they told me that they had arranged for me to take my car into Farnell Jaguar Bolton after 8:00am today. They also told me that they had arranged for a car to be made available to me for my use during the repair period. So this morning I took the car in and was given the keys to a brand new car with 16 miles on the clock. They said that depending upon workloads and parts delivery the repair could take up to a week. Under the circumstances I can live with that. My advice to any worried E Pace owner with this problem is to get in touch with Jaguar Assistance straight away to get it resolved. However, the Technician did say that there was no safety problem with continuing to drive the car. Well done Jaguar Assistance!!

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:30 am

Oggie13 thanks for the positive post which is similar to my experience in that Jaguar are dealing with this problem well enough. The fact Jag Assistance are aware of it is the main thing for those who have yet to suffer the fault.

Gfplux

Post by Gfplux » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Good evening from Luxembourg.
My P200 S developed the “loud fan noise” about a week ago.
As everyone has reported it is so loud it is embarrassing.
I have had trouble free 11300k on the clock since I picked it up in early March 2019.
I am busy and not needing the car for the next 24 hours so intend to call Jaguar assistance from the Jag remote app on Wednesday morning.
I am hoping Jaguar and their dealers are past the “let’s keep quiet about this” stage and will promptly fix it.
Fingers crossed.

Oggie13

Post by Oggie13 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:22 am

Hi Gfplux,
With all the posts about this problem I doubt that they will try to keep it quiet. I hope that you have as good an experience as I have had. Good luck, Oggie13.

JJitalia

Post by JJitalia » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:45 am

Hi Gfplux

Did you speak with Jaguar Assist, how did you get on?? I took delivery of my P200 SE in April & have covered 11500k, the fan noise problem started yesterday. I phoned Jaguar Assist, I’m in Italy, & they basically didn’t want to know. I’m going to the dealership in the morning after speaking to the Service Manager today. He tried to tell me that this behaviour is normal & said don’t believe anything you read on Internet forums! Wish me luck.

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:50 pm

I took the approach with assist that the car was making a very loud noise and I did not feel safe to drive it, they booked it in and got me a replacement car. Getting it fixed is there problem. I drove it into the covered service area at Jag when it was at full volume and left the engine running with everyone watching, they soon ‘recognised the problem’.

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”