Post by Briarwood » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Having had it repaired..... it’s back

JJitalia

Re: Very loud fan noise

Post by JJitalia » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:51 am

Briarwood wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:21 pm
Having had it repaired..... it’s back
Oh great, that’s knocked the feel good factor of having it repaired the first time right back :(

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:43 am

It’s been fine for months but kicked in again last night, I also had a low coolant notification last week so took I straight in as the coolant pump was one of the original fan noise issues. They said it wasn’t low and was probably just a sensor. I am guessing now that it thinks it’s low because the pump is once again faulty. Let’s see what happens today.

JJitalia

Post by JJitalia » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:13 am

Briarwood wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:43 am
It’s been fine for months but kicked in again last night, I also had a low coolant notification last week so took I straight in as the coolant pump was one of the original fan noise issues. They said it wasn’t low and was probably just a sensor. I am guessing now that it thinks it’s low because the pump is once again faulty. Let’s see what happens today.
Sounds like it, keep us posted.

Gfplux

Post by Gfplux » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:54 pm

JJitalia wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:45 am
Hi Gfplux

Did you speak with Jaguar Assist, how did you get on?? I took delivery of my P200 SE in April & have covered 11500k, the fan noise problem started yesterday. I phoned Jaguar Assist, I’m in Italy, & they basically didn’t want to know. I’m going to the dealership in the morning after speaking to the Service Manager today. He tried to tell me that this behaviour is normal & said don’t believe anything you read on Internet forums! Wish me luck.
Hello again.
Luxembourg P200S Auto AWD.
As mentioned before I now have the noisy (jet engine) cooling fan issue since +10 days.
I have 11,400k since the car was new early March 2019.
Other owners have contacted Jaguar assistance which I did (Belgium) but they said they were for “Breakdown only” which I understand.
Today I telephoned the Luxembourg Jaguar dealer and asked for the service department. When I explained noisy cooling fan (ventilateur de voiture) they said they had had some experience of the issue. The “manager” is ordering a part (water pump was mentioned) and I have a booking for 21st November. They will give me a car and the work should take one day.
I was assured that the car is safe to drive.
However this jet engine noise is personally embarrassing but also others will think that Jaguars are very noisy!
Wish me luck.
Luxembourg P200 S AWD AUTO March 2019

JJitalia

Post by JJitalia » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Gfplux wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:54 pm
JJitalia wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:45 am
Hi Gfplux

Did you speak with Jaguar Assist, how did you get on?? I took delivery of my P200 SE in April & have covered 11500k, the fan noise problem started yesterday. I phoned Jaguar Assist, I’m in Italy, & they basically didn’t want to know. I’m going to the dealership in the morning after speaking to the Service Manager today. He tried to tell me that this behaviour is normal & said don’t believe anything you read on Internet forums! Wish me luck.
Hello again.
Luxembourg P200S Auto AWD.
As mentioned before I now have the noisy (jet engine) cooling fan issue since +10 days.
I have 11,400k since the car was new early March 2019.
Other owners have contacted Jaguar assistance which I did (Belgium) but they said they were for “Breakdown only” which I understand.
Today I telephoned the Luxembourg Jaguar dealer and asked for the service department. When I explained noisy cooling fan (ventilateur de voiture) they said they had had some experience of the issue. The “manager” is ordering a part (water pump was mentioned) and I have a booking for 21st November. They will give me a car and the work should take one day.
I was assured that the car is safe to drive.
However this jet engine noise is personally embarrassing but also others will think that Jaguars are very noisy!
Wish me luck.
I had the same response from Jaguar Assist, service for breakdowns only. So last Friday I went to my local dealership, PDM Elicar Pontecagnano, and drove my hovercraft impersonating car straight into the workshop. This seemed to do the trick and got the service managers attention straight away. From then on I can’t praise the staff enough, I was given a new Evoque as a courtesy car, parts were ordered & would be delivered the following Tuesday. Yesterday, Wednesday, I went back to the dealership to collect my repaired & well valeted car. So a happy ending, well done Jaguar PDM Elicar.

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:27 pm

I wonder is it only the P200 that has this fault?

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Not having the time to check 147 posts I did skim a few pages in this topic and I wonder if it is petrols only that are having this problem.
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:04 pm

Yes I think that may be the case

Reijy24

Post by Reijy24 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:01 am

It seems to me that we are all used to the noisy fan already.

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”