Wireless software update...

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Cawsie

Wireless software update...

Post by Cawsie » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:31 am

Anybody else had this email?

In the next few months we’ll be launching our first wireless software update* for your car. Software updates provide a way of updating core software on your car at your convenience in order to maintain and improve its capabilities without the need to visit a retailer.

Initial software updates cover minor bug fixes in the infotainment system to improve the performance and functionality however further releases will include updates to your Jaguar’s Telematics system. When an update becomes available, you will receive a pop-up notification on the infotainment - you can also check for updates through the Settings Menu.

EASY TO ACTIVATE

In order to receive software updates, you will need this feature switched on in your car. This can be done through the Settings Menu > Software Updates > On/Off - you'll also need to accept the terms and conditions.

I-PACE INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM

HOW TO INSTALL

Depending on your connectivity, there are two ways in which your car can receive the update:

Through Wi-Fi connectivity
If your car is already connected to Wi-Fi, it will use your connection to download the software update prior to installation.

Through your personal SIM connectivity
If your car is not connected to Wi-Fi, it will download the software through your personal SIM.

When the 'Software Update' notification appears on your screen, you have three options available:

1. Install now – this will immediately start the download in the background, so you can continue your journey uninterrupted.

2. Remind me later – the notification will pop up again after six hours.

3. Skip update – this will remove the notification completely. If you later decide you’d like to install the update, you’ll need to do this via your settings.

Once the update has been installed, you’ll receive a notification at the top of your screen. Likewise, you’ll also be notified if the download has failed.

Pickythemove

Re: Wireless software update...

Post by Pickythemove » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:41 am

I don't believe in magic...
E-Pace P250 R-Dynamic S in Santorini Black w/ Black Pack & black interior

jneill

Post by jneill » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:26 pm

I-PACE INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM ?

Neil1314

Post by Neil1314 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Yes we got this, my first thought was "That will screw our 500mb monthly allowance" Not sure why they couldn't have let me download it to USB stick at home as with the Map updates
P250 Rdynamic HSE Black

kajoj

Post by kajoj » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:36 pm

I hope they will upgrade IDD to work like on F-Pace MY18 or I-Pace....

Pickythemove

Post by Pickythemove » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:54 pm

After today's software update, I found this function:

IMG_3015.JPG

kajoj

Post by kajoj » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Did you update at you dealer? I wanted last time an update, but they said they won't do it, until something would work wrong. Had you any troubles with your request?

Pickythemove

Post by Pickythemove » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:08 pm

When I brought my car for maintenance a few weeks ago, they "forgot" the upgrade and only did some updates to fix an issue with cruise control. So I had to make a second appointment - and got a Cadillac for two days, free of charge...

Pete 1952

Post by Pete 1952 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:56 pm

Have just had an Email regarding Wireless software update at 09.30 23/0719,does any one know what the update is for.
Pete P200 R dynamic S

ctoneman

Post by ctoneman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:34 am

Neil1314 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 pm
Yes we got this, my first thought was "That will screw our 500mb monthly allowance" Not sure why they couldn't have let me download it to USB stick at home as with the Map updates
Neil

If you are close enough to your house WiFi you can log on via the car and download from the house WiFi
E-Pace S D180 AWD Auto Firenze Red

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”