Wireless software update...

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
twabrigs

Re: Wireless software update...

Post by twabrigs » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:11 am

So, left the car with local JLR dealer yesterday for the software update (reported occasional frozen screen, plus incontrol apps intermittently works with my phone). Have also had annoying issue with keyless locking where driver's door 'button' doesn't always work and almost always refuses to double lock.

Update ran all afternoon and overnight. They've just phoned to say the update has failed so they've raised an issue with Jaguar technical team who may attempt to fix it remotely over the web.

Will see what happens next...
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

Andyben

Post by Andyben » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:10 pm

No update yet for me, but i'm going to have to drop my ePace off as the "Warning Coolant Low" alarm triggers each time i start it up, then disappears after a few minutes.
2018 D180 R-Dynamic S Santorini Black, Black Pack, Black 5051 20" Wheels

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Yes did it via my home WiFi

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Happy news. Dealer gave me a 19 plate Disco Sport as a courtesy car (nicer to drive than I expected and very roomy, but a bit wafty on the corners and with a dashboard that looked to my E-Pace eyes about 5 years out of date) and re-ran the update.

The update worked so I now have the latest 19B version complete with Apple Car Play! And they topped up the Ad Blue for nothing (Jaguar website says £29), and washed and vacuumed the car.

They've ordered a new drivers door handle to address the intermittent keyless locking problem.

Impressed. My wife says I must have paid enough for the car in the first place...! Still, excellent customer service.
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:40 pm

meant to say, the auto stop/start which has operated perhaps twice in the 5 weeks I've had the car cut in four times on the way home from the dealer so depending on whether you like that feature or not (I do) the software update seems to have encouraged that to work as well.

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:17 pm

ok, latest news on my 19B software. The quality of the audio has improved I think (can't imagine how, perhaps it's my imagination).

It has also brought a new problem though. The sat nav and camera alert voice / sounds are totally silent. I mean the radio volume drops as if to allow for the sat nav voice instruction or a camera beep, but the voice or beep doesn't come. It's definitely not on Mute, and I have turned up the volume when it is "speaking".

Tried a fix on a US F-Pace forum from a couple of years ago where they changed language from English US to English UK and back which apparently kick started the voice. But that didn't work.

Advice?

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:07 pm

I have the same issue. The radio drops as if there should be a sat nav instruction but no voice. I have tried to turn up the voice when the radio drops but nothing happens. Any advice?

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Still have the same problem. It's booked into the dealer the week after next for this, also to have the driver's door handle replaced to hopefully solve an unreliable keyless locking issue.

Disappointing that there are these irritating electronic faults.

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Car was in today for driver's door handle replacement (keyless locking now working) and lack of voice on the satnav and voice control commands not working. They updated the software in the speech recognition module, and that's now working too.

Washed and vacuumed for me and all is well once more, or at least until the next time.

Pickythemove

Post by Pickythemove » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:53 am

Sad to say, but infotainment is better in any Volkswagen... :-(
E-Pace P250 R-Dynamic S in Santorini Black w/ Black Pack & black interior

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”