Coolant warning

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Briarwood

Coolant warning

Post by Briarwood » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm

11 month old car and it only flashes up when I start the car then goes off and is t showing in the app. Anyone else had this problem?

Jalees

Re: Coolant warning

Post by Jalees » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Briarwood wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm
11 month old car and it only flashes up when I start the car then goes off and is t showing in the app. Anyone else had this problem?
Hi,

I remember you had coolant pump replaced due to that loud fan noise, anyway might be something to do with that, after you receiving car did you notice that warning light was there ? Or it just happened now that you are noticing that warning light , have you visually checked coolant level ? If it's at the right level then maybe check in centre display in last alarms you might be able to clear it or acknowledge it. Just thinking of possibilities here.

After my car coolant pump change I have poured in around a litre of coolant from time to time in coolant reservoir as it kept falling down, it's been a month now for me. I hope it's not a leak and it's just air in the system after pump replacement.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

Andyben

Post by Andyben » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Briarwood wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Yes, got mine back today. Nothing wrong, Just topped up a little and pressure tested.

Not happened yet, was pretty much constant before
2018 D180 R-Dynamic S Santorini Black, Black Pack, Black 5051 20" Wheels

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:20 am

Popped it in yesterday- coolant is fine so looks like a sensor problem - they will look at it at first service next month

Andyben

Post by Andyben » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:29 pm

...spoke too soon.

Warning came back today.

wheffernan

Post by wheffernan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:40 pm

I've had my car 1 year this month HSE R-Dynamic P250, received in Oct 2018.
I also had the coolant pump change because of the loud fan issue back in December/Jan, not convinced it fully fixed the issue I do sometimes hear a slightly louder noise from the fan randomly but only a fraction of what it was, if I didn't have the prior issue I wouldn't notice it.

After about 8 months and a long (4 hours) motorway journey the coolant low light came on, looked at the coolant level under the bonnet and it was low, dropped into the nearest Jaguar garage who couldn't find a leak and topped it up.
4 weeks later on a similar journey light came on again, it was low, I used water this time since Jaguar apparently have not released the coolant type or Halfords didn't have it on record.

I've been topping it up if I notice it low, with water, if the weather temperature started dropping I'd have sourced the correct coolant.
I don't drive it very often at the moment and waited for its 1st service this week.
Jaguar did a pressure test which failed, they then topped up the coolant correctly and apparently the pressure test passed. They kept the car 2 days trying to reproduce which included some motorway driving to bring it up to temperature but still nothing.
So I've agreed to take it home and bring it back first week in Dec for them to recheck.
Personally, I'd have replaced the relevant parts which I'll push for if it happens again.

On the plus side during the service they performed a software update, I now have apple car play :) I asked about it back in Jan with a different dealer, the response being did I pay for it? it wasn't an option when I ordered my car. Lack of service with the 1st dealer is something I'd unfortunately gotten used to.
Paying for a premium brand doesn't necessarily mean better service. The experience with the new dealer has been much better though.

bobc

Post by bobc » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:58 pm

I got the coolant warning after a long motorway drive, I have noticed a wet patch under the car, I have topped up coolant with water and the level is slowly going down. I have also noticed that the hood is not closing properly with one side slightly higher than the other. It goes into dealers this week and they are going to adjust the headlights as well as I'm fed up with being flashed when on dipped beam, ill let you know how I get on.

Andyben

Post by Andyben » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Andyben wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:29 pm
...spoke too soon.

Warning came back today.

Back in tomorrow, on almost permanently now

Andyben

Post by Andyben » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:51 pm

bobc wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:58 pm
I got the coolant warning after a long motorway drive, I have noticed a wet patch under the car, I have topped up coolant with water and the level is slowly going down. I have also noticed that the hood is not closing properly with one side slightly higher than the other. It goes into dealers this week and they are going to adjust the headlights as well as I'm fed up with being flashed when on dipped beam, ill let you know how I get on.
More likely from AirCon unit

bobc

Post by bobc » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Back from dealer today, they cant find a leak, they want the car back for two days for further investigation. Andyben you could be right about wet patch but coolant level is still dropping slowly. Bonnet right hand catch wasn't engaging, now fixed and headlights adjusted. back to dealer in two weeks.

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”