Heated Seat Switches off

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Jagster

Re: Heated Seat Switches off

Post by Jagster » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:50 pm

I also noticed this problem and I think it was down to the cars ‘smart settings’ so when you create a profile, which I’m guessing most of you have, the car will start to monitor your usage of things like climate setting, heated seats etc. The car needs a while to learn these things about you before they become active, so for me after driving all of ‘summer’ without using the heat function the car was learning, when the cold weather came and I started to use them I would turn them on straight away, get down the road and realise they were off again, after looking around I found the smart setting on my profile and switched them off for heated seats and never had the problem since, please try it and let me know, good luck

Oggie13

Post by Oggie13 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:11 am

Well done Jagster, I have tried your solution and it's working correctly now. I must remember to cancel my booking at the dealership now.

jneill

Post by jneill » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:03 pm

In the E-Pace FB group it's been noted the ECO setting also turns the seats off...

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:26 am

Jagster that might explain why my passenger seat doesn’t turn off as it less used. Great find and makes sense as I find the smart settings pretty hit and miss.

Eco is useless in winter as it turns the air con off a lot and car mists up. I tried to find a setting that stopped the air con going off when in that mode but couldn’t.

Jagster

Post by Jagster » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:40 pm

happy I could help, the same problem used to baffle me and I’m sure it was blind luck that I happened across it in the first place

Briarwood

Post by Briarwood » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Yes started happening a month or so ago. I use the heat control knob. Start the car, set the heated seat and set off only to find it’s switched itself off again.

MalcolmD

Post by MalcolmD » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:53 pm

I haven't had any problem with the heated seats, in fact I'm quite surprised that if you turn the car off for a few minutes it remembers if the seats were on and continues as before, unlike the USB media stick and sometimes the satnav but don't get me started!!!
2018 E-PACE P250 S Firenze Red
2008 XKR Azure Blue

robjagman

Post by robjagman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:36 pm

Mine has been into Jaguar twice - both times they have upgraded the software to no avail. Also, following the second upgrade, the seat switches off after about twenty minutes - Service Manager said this was to protect the heating elements. The first upgrade has also stopped the front and rear heated screens coming on automatically on a cold frosty morning. Not happy so I have emailed Jaguar customer services two days ago - we will see what happens but I paid extra for this option and if this continues, I will have my money back.
2019 E-PACE 180 R Dynamic S

jneill

Post by jneill » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:41 pm

robjagman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:36 pm
Mine has been into Jaguar twice - both times they have upgraded the software to no avail. Also, following the second upgrade, the seat switches off after about twenty minutes - Service Manager said this was to protect the heating elements. The first upgrade has also stopped the front and rear heated screens coming on automatically on a cold frosty morning. Not happy so I have emailed Jaguar customer services two days ago - we will see what happens but I paid extra for this option and if this continues, I will have my money back.
2019 E-PACE 180 R Dynamic S
Are you driving in ECO mode?

robjagman

Post by robjagman » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:32 pm

The issue with mine is since the software upgrade, the seat doesnt get as hot as it did previously (only warm). Car been in to JLR again and heating element changed but to no avail.
Driving in comfort mode and not eco but seems to cut out and be warm only after about 10mins.
Looks like its going into JLR again.
Cant believe something so simple could be so problematic