Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Heated Seat Switches off

18K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  robjagman 
#1 ·
Hi to all and a Happy New Year,
Over the winter I have been using the heated seats on both front passenger and drivers seats. I have found that, after starting the car and turning on both seat heaters, the drivers seat heater turns itself off within 20 seconds. When I turn it on again it stays on. I reported this to my Dealership when it went in for its' first service recently. They did a H&V software update and thought that it may solve the issue but it hasn't. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem.

#2 ·
Mine does that which I assumed was a battery saving thing or a Jaguar foible of which there are quite a few. I don't see it happening all the time so didn't see the point In going back to the dealer unless it's easily replicated.

#3 ·
Are you in eco mode ? It does say in the handbook that in this mode certain features may be turned off, it may even slow the fan speed and reduce the volume of the radio etc.

#4 ·
Thanks to Pwood and Dave W for your replies. The car is always in Comfort Mode as, it seems, it defaults to that setting on restating. No other energy savings measures seem to take place and when I turn the seat heater back on it stays on. What I haven't checked, I've just realised, is if it stays on after restarting when the engine of up to temperature. I'll have to check.

#5 ·
My heated seats started playing up after a year. Took it in to a JLR Service Centre - they kept on saying nothing wrong but clearly seats were not working! On the 4th time, they changed the heat pads and said it was working. Collected the car and not working. Took it back - I have now been without my car for 9 weeks!! Try calling Jag but they push it back to the Service Centre who then say they are waiting for Jag Engineering. I love my Jag but really getting frustrated now

#6 ·
Hi Fastfran, I also posted my first message on the Jaguar Relations page. Dan at CRC@Jaguar has said that he will raise this issue with the technical people to see if they can sort it out. Try sending him a PM so that they can see that it's not an isolated case. Fingers crossed.

#8 ·
Hi Pwood,

I sent a PM to Dan at CRC@Jaguar about this issue and he has spoken to Jaguar Technical Assistance. They say that they are not aware of this problem and I've been told to take the car back to my Dealership and if they can't sort it out they, the Dealership, should contact Jaguar Technical Assistance for advice.

#9 ·
Thanks for the update Oggie13. Just to be sure do you always use the heating control knob to activate the seat heater like I do or use the on screen method. I have never used the latter but Will try that for a couple of weeks. I look forward to seeing how you get on with a fix.

#15 ·
Hi Fastfran, the way I send a PM (Private Message) is to click on "Private messages" in blue at the top of the page which takes you to the PM page and it's like an email page with an inbox, outbox and sent items, etc. The address for Dan is CRC@Jaguar.

#18 ·
Mine has started to do this as well but I have sort of found a way around it, or what it seems to be doing anyway.

If I turn the heated seat on before the infotainment system has loaded up and asks me to touch the screen to continue it will shut off after 10/20 seconds.

If I don't put the seat on until it's all loaded up and I've pushed the screen and the home page appears, it's doesn't turn itself off.

Maybe the system isn't fully booted up and it's resets itself.

#20 ·
I tried the process that Pilly suggested, i.e. letting the Infotainment screen start up first. At first, after turning the drivers seat heater on, I thought that it was the solution but then it turned off again. Ah well, I've got it boked into my dealership next week for some diagnostic tests. Fingers crossed.

#21 ·
I also noticed this problem and I think it was down to the cars 'smart settings' so when you create a profile, which I'm guessing most of you have, the car will start to monitor your usage of things like climate setting, heated seats etc. The car needs a while to learn these things about you before they become active, so for me after driving all of 'summer' without using the heat function the car was learning, when the cold weather came and I started to use them I would turn them on straight away, get down the road and realise they were off again, after looking around I found the smart setting on my profile and switched them off for heated seats and never had the problem since, please try it and let me know, good luck

#24 ·
Jagster that might explain why my passenger seat doesn't turn off as it less used. Great find and makes sense as I find the smart settings pretty hit and miss.

Eco is useless in winter as it turns the air con off a lot and car mists up. I tried to find a setting that stopped the air con going off when in that mode but couldn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.