Service & Warranty

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
JJitalia

Service & Warranty

Post by JJitalia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:44 pm

My car should have had its first service today, arranged about a month ago, but with the lockdown here in Italy that obviously didn’t happen & I have no idea when this now might be done. For sure my car will be shouting at me to get it done once it becomes overdue, which will be any day now. My question is this, how does not being able to have the car serviced affect the manufacturer’s warranty? Maybe Dan from Jaguar can answer this and put my mind at rest?

CRC@Jaguar

Re: Service & Warranty

Post by CRC@Jaguar » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:42 am

JJitalia wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:44 pm
My car should have had its first service today, arranged about a month ago, but with the lockdown here in Italy that obviously didn’t happen & I have no idea when this now might be done. For sure my car will be shouting at me to get it done once it becomes overdue, which will be any day now. My question is this, how does not being able to have the car serviced affect the manufacturer’s warranty? Maybe Dan from Jaguar can answer this and put my mind at rest?
Good Morning JJitalia,

Thank you for your post.

Your question is a very valid and topical one, and I can confirm that JLR have extended the servicing parameters by 2 months / 2000 miles (3200 kms) to allow both customers and retailers a grace period to service vehicles, until we can return to normal working practices.

This will not affect customer’s warranty (subject to the usual warranty restrictions). JLR will continue to monitor the situation and will provide further updates if the situation evolves.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

KVet79

Post by KVet79 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:33 am

Hi CRC. Can you confirm when the 20A infotainment will be released? I’m still on 19B but have had SOTA enabled. My dealership has no idea!

JJitalia

Post by JJitalia » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:36 am

CRC@Jaguar wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:42 am
JJitalia wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Good Morning JJitalia,

Thank you for your post.

Your question is a very valid and topical one, and I can confirm that JLR have extended the servicing parameters by 2 months / 2000 miles (3200 kms) to allow both customers and retailers a grace period to service vehicles, until we can return to normal working practices.

This will not affect customer’s warranty (subject to the usual warranty restrictions). JLR will continue to monitor the situation and will provide further updates if the situation evolves.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan

Thanks for replying & putting my mind at rest, a little bit anyway. The situation will have to be monitored as we still don’t know when things will return to normal. There will also be the possibility of delays at the dealership in re booking for a new appointment.