Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Stacie @ CEC

62K views 100 replies 36 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am Stacie from the Jaguar Land Rover Customer Experience Centre, I will be your point of contact for any queries you may have in regards to the Jaguar E-PACE.

I have been working within the Customer Relationship Centre for 2 years and I will endeavour to answer any questions that are raised to me as quickly as possible.

Thank you, Stacie

#52 ·
Hello Stacie.

I have bought a brand new E Pace. It was delivered to the dealership a couple of weeks ago. During the pre delivery inspection, the mechanics picked up that the anti collision system was not working. They had to order a part or parts

Now that part is unavailable due to it being " out of stock". So I have paid £40000 for a car which I have never sat in, cannot drive and no idea when I will be able to do so.

I am angry and disappointed to say the least.

Can you help?

#53 ·
Hi Stacie, there's a post running concerning replacing the tail gate struts with electric versions to avoid lifting the very heavy tailgate manually. The non Jaguar parts were sourced from the internet. My questions are - Are Jaguar parts available to convert the tail gate to electric lift and can this be carried out at Jaguar dealers? Thanks.

#54 ·
Cawsie said:
Hello Stacie.

I have bought a brand new E Pace. It was delivered to the dealership a couple of weeks ago. During the pre delivery inspection, the mechanics picked up that the anti collision system was not working. They had to order a part or parts

Now that part is unavailable due to it being " out of stock". So I have paid £40000 for a car which I have never sat in, cannot drive and no idea when I will be able to do so.

Can you help?
Hi Cawsie

I am sorry to learn of the experience you have had, and that you are unsatisfied with the ordering process so far.

I would like to help you and investigate this further, so if you are happy for me to do so then please may I request that you kindly PM me the following information:

Your vehicle registration
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) if possible
Your personal contact details

With this information I can look into the concerns you have, and raise a case should it be required.

Many Thanks.

Dan - Jaguar UK

#55 ·
EssexCub said:
Hi Stacie
How long should it take from placing a order to the epace being delivered, if it is not a standard build eg digital dash.

Thanks
Hi Essexcub

Thank you for your post.

To answer your question, for a standard build it is usually expected that an ordered vehicle would be delivered within a set period. However, due to the different variables available like the one you have suggested above for example, the build time can be extended.

Once an order has been placed, the retailer will have a build slot allocated, and the customer will be given an ETA on the vehicle that has been ordered around the time of purchase. I would advise that you contact your local retailer using the below link and they will assist you further.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/national-dealer-locator.html

I hope you found this information helpful, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me

Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#56 ·
Hello Dan and thanks for the reply.
My dealer has contacted Jaguar and has been told that the part is arriving on the 18th of December. Hopefully I should receive the car shortly after. I will also get the use of a courtesy car in the meantime. Let's hope all goes to plan.
Thanks

#57 ·
Cawsie said:
Hello Stacie.

Can you help?
My parents have the similar issue, no traffic sign recognition or auto high beam assist as the stereo camera unit above the mirror has failed. Dealer has no idea when they will get the part as its out of stock.

#58 ·
Cawsie said:
Hello Dan and thanks for the reply.
My dealer has contacted Jaguar and has been told that the part is arriving on the 18th of December. Hopefully I should receive the car shortly after. I will also get the use of a courtesy car in the meantime. Let's hope all goes to plan.
Thanks
Hi Cawsie

I am happy to hear that your concerns have been answered and that you have received assistance from your retailer.

If there us anything else I can help with in the future then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#60 ·
Duncann32 said:
Hi Stacie
Why are so many people having trouble with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
Warnings on the Diesel engines
Good Morning Duncann32

Thank you for your post.

Diesel vehicles equipped with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) have more efficient emissions control. The function of the DPF, is to collect particles in the exhaust gases during normal driving.

Cleaning of the DPF, also known as regeneration, occurs automatically between approximately every 186 to 559 miles (300 to 900 km) depending on driving conditions, and requires the engine to reach normal operating temperature.

This self-cleaning takes place when the vehicle is driven steadily at speeds between 40 mph to 70 mph (60 km/h to 112 km/h). Self cleaning may not always occur and this can be for a number of reasons. Some driving conditions (e.g., frequently driving short distances, in slow-moving traffic, or in cold weather) may not provide sufficient opportunity to begin the exhaust filter self-cleaning automatically.

When this happens an amber warning light will be displayed on the dash, and Manual Regeneration is required. Driving above 40 mph (60 km/h) for 20 minutes should clean the filter. Please see the below video link for a guide to Manual Regeneration.

If however, this is not completed a red light will be displayed on the dash. When this occurs it means the DPF is full and you must contact a Retailer/Authorized Repairer as soon as possible.

I hope this answers your question, and if you require further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#61 ·
alp said:
Hi Stacie, there's a post running concerning replacing the tail gate struts with electric versions to avoid lifting the very heavy tailgate manually. The non Jaguar parts were sourced from the internet. My questions are - Are Jaguar parts available to convert the tail gate to electric lift and can this be carried out at Jaguar dealers? Thanks.
Any progress to report on this question please?

#62 ·
Hi Stacie I contacted jaguar and they did say that it needed to be done at purchase of new vehicle that's why I searched the web to find after market kit and they made them specially for me so they now are manufactured for the E Pace bit tricky to fit but any garage will do them for you if you don't fancy it you're self don't know why they don't fit them as standard as the tailgate is really heavy,but I must say that mine are fantastic if you need any more information don't hesitate to ask John ie Jenny jaguar

#63 ·
My manual gas struts are showing signs of failing under the effort of lifting the tailgate for just nine months. The car was back at the dealers earlier this week who checked them out cleaned them. However, I notice that they are not lifting the tailgate fully even now (I keep banging my head on the partially raised tailgate).

#64 ·
gDallasK said:
My manual gas struts are showing signs of failing under the effort of lifting the tailgate for just nine months. The car was back at the dealers earlier this week who checked them out cleaned them. However, I notice that they are not lifting the tailgate fully even now (I keep banging my head on the partially raised tailgate).
I think they are under specified - hopefully jaguar will wake up and offer free, stronger replacements!

#65 ·
I agree, raised with dealer who was carrying out updating of infotaintment system.
Told it matched another example in showroom, therefore just typical.

I find it ridiculous, agree that it doesnt always open fully, and very heavy to lift, my wife finds it almost impossible.

Really interested in having them updated, Jaguar should acknowledge its a defect.

#66 ·
graham14 said:
I agree, raised with dealer who was carrying out updating of infotaintment system.
Told it matched another example in showroom, therefore just typical.

I find it ridiculous, agree that it doesnt always open fully, and very heavy to lift, my wife finds it almost impossible.

Really interested in having them updated, Jaguar should acknowledge its a defect.
Agree 100% since the only alternative so far is the after market electric kit to replace those weak cylinders but I'm a bit reluctant to go that way since the installation photos look a bit daunting.

#69 ·
mrchiggles said:
gDallasK said:
I think they are under specified - hopefully jaguar will wake up and offer free, stronger replacements!
I agree. It's ironic that the Freelander 2 I previously owned had very similar struts and a much heavier tailgate but never gave me any problems. Must have different internals I guess!

#71 ·
Hi Stacie,

Picked up my E-Pace R-Dynamic on the 15th November and was expecting Apple Carplay to be included but it was not.
I had decided not to go for the SatNav option as I was intending to use Google maps via Apple Carplay.
My Jaguar garage in Coventry offered to switch on the feature for £100, so I happily agreed and took the car into the garage today.
2 hours later, I was informed that the feature failed to be switched on so the technical performed all the upgrades that the system was showing first and then tried again to switch the feature one (Smart Pack I believe he called it). This failed again and looking into it further they said it could be due to the interface being incorrect in the armrest and that if I had paid for the SatNav option, they would have been able to turn on the Apple Carplay.

They are going to ask Jaguar if there is anything they can do but I am not very happy that I can't use Apple Carplay as I wanted to use Google Maps and if I had known this limitation when ordering the car, I would have paid for the SatNav option.

Now unless Jaguar can resolve this, I am stuck with a very expensive car that I have no SatNav for.

I have been driving Jaguars since 2004 (X-Type Sports, S-Type, Original XF, facelift XF, F-Pace (wife's) and now e-Pace) but this is the first time I am not happy driving a Jaguar :x

Regards,
Nik

#72 ·
nicant said:
Hi Stacie,

Picked up my E-Pace R-Dynamic on the 15th November and was expecting Apple Carplay to be included but it was not.
I had decided not to go for the SatNav option as I was intending to use Google maps via Apple Carplay.
My Jaguar garage in Coventry offered to switch on the feature for £100, so I happily agreed and took the car into the garage today.
2 hours later, I was informed that the feature failed to be switched on so the technical performed all the upgrades that the system was showing first and then tried again to switch the feature one (Smart Pack I believe he called it). This failed again and looking into it further they said it could be due to the interface being incorrect in the armrest and that if I had paid for the SatNav option, they would have been able to turn on the Apple Carplay.

They are going to ask Jaguar if there is anything they can do but I am not very happy that I can't use Apple Carplay as I wanted to use Google Maps and if I had known this limitation when ordering the car, I would have paid for the SatNav option.

Now unless Jaguar can resolve this, I am stuck with a very expensive car that I have no SatNav for.

I have been driving Jaguars since 2004 (X-Type Sports, S-Type, Original XF, facelift XF, F-Pace (wife's) and now e-Pace) but this is the first time I am not happy driving a Jaguar :x

Regards,
Nik
Hi Nik

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of the experience you have had so far.

If you could kindly PM me with the following information I can investigate this further for you.

Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
The retailer you have been in contact with

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#73 ·
CRC@Jaguar said:
nicant said:

Regards,
Nik
Hi Nik

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of the experience you have had so far.

If you could kindly PM me with the following information I can investigate this further for you.

Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
The retailer you have been in contact with

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan,

I have the exact same problem as Nik. My dealerShip (Jaguar Stratstone in London) told me they don't want to enable CarPlay on my E-Pace just bought in september, just because I didn't pay for SatNav !...
I will send you my details by PM.
Thank you

#74 ·
Hi Dan, thanks for the information re the exhaust filter. Would you know what the average timescales/mileage are between the initial amber warning to a red one? Mine changed from one day to the other with minimal use...

Being told by the dealer that the filter is 'too full' and needs replacing at a cost of over £1k!!!

#75 ·
Hi Stacie
Don't know what to think about jaguar at the moment . always dreamed of having a jaguar.
When selling me the car was so friendly and helpful
First day having the car steering column went only drove 6 miles had to go back for over a week was so helpful again
Now InControl playing up won't connect to phone and WiFi . SIM card won't read
And hesitation when change gear
Went to book it in first week off January to be looked at got to wait till 21 February hope to have the car I've always dreamed of

#76 ·
Hi Stacie & Dan,

Below is the text of a post that I submitted under Cruise Not Available.

Took delivery of my P300 E-Pace from Stratstone Jaguar Mayfair on 30th January this year. An ex Jaguar Management car, now with 3,500 miles on the clock. Had the Cruise not available warning last week. Cleared when I restarted the car.

Other issues with the infotainment include inability to make phone calls using Bluetooth, phone pairs but will not connect. No voice guidance from the Satnav and Voice Commands not working! Not sure why someone at Jaguar did not get these issues fixed before releasing the car as approved used.

So the car collected on Monday of this week in order that these issues could be fixed. Had a call from the service department on Wednesday; in fairness a very professional and helpful service manager who had the courtesy to bite the bullet and give me the bad news. Phase 4 should fix these problems and it was available from Jaguar last week. However, there must have been some issues with the early installs of Phase 4 as it is now on "Suspension". Expected to be available some time in March. Estimated time to load the update is 3 hours.

The irony of the issue with Bluetooth is that my phone worked fine in my previous F-Type and no problem whatsoever in the XF 2.0d that I have on loan!

Like other users on this forum, I had to pay Stratstone £200 for the upgrade to Apple CarPlay. This was installed before handover but I had not expected the catalog of bugs that affect both the Infotainment and SatNav systems.

Can you update me and other users of this forum on the issues with and the availability of the Phase 4 software? In addition will this update fix the accumulation of bugs that I have outlined above?

Since 2006, I have been the owner of three XKs (X150s), an XF, and two F-Types. As you can see, I have been committed to the marque. A recent operation, which has left me with some disability, meant that I had to choose a vehicle with a higher seating position, facilitating entry and exit. The E-Pace seemed an ideal choice, offering me the convenience I need as well as allowing me to attend my local JEC events in a Jaguar.

However, I have to say that this has been the worst experience that I have had when buying and owning a Jaguar. Three weeks from taking delivery of the E-Pace all the pleasure in owning a new vehicle has completed evaporated. Do I take the view that both Jaguar and Stratstone will use best endeavours to rectify the faults or do I reject the vehicle as not fit for purpose?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.