Heated Seat Switches off

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Oggie13

Heated Seat Switches off

Post by Oggie13 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi to all and a Happy New Year,
Over the winter I have been using the heated seats on both front passenger and drivers seats. I have found that, after starting the car and turning on both seat heaters, the drivers seat heater turns itself off within 20 seconds. When I turn it on again it stays on. I reported this to my Dealership when it went in for its' first service recently. They did a H&V software update and thought that it may solve the issue but it hasn't. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem.

Pwood

Re: Heated Seat Switches off

Post by Pwood » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:18 am

Mine does that which I assumed was a battery saving thing or a Jaguar foible of which there are quite a few. I don’t see it happening all the time so didn’t see the point In going back to the dealer unless it’s easily replicated.

Dave W

Post by Dave W » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:52 pm

Are you in eco mode ? It does say in the handbook that in this mode certain features may be turned off, it may even slow the fan speed and reduce the volume of the radio etc.
P250 R Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black pack, Black Contrasting Roof and Privacy Glass

Oggie13

Post by Oggie13 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:20 am

Thanks to Pwood and Dave W for your replies. The car is always in Comfort Mode as, it seems, it defaults to that setting on restating. No other energy savings measures seem to take place and when I turn the seat heater back on it stays on. What I haven't checked, I've just realised, is if it stays on after restarting when the engine of up to temperature. I'll have to check.

Fastfran

Post by Fastfran » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:48 pm

My heated seats started playing up after a year. Took it in to a JLR Service Centre - they kept on saying nothing wrong but clearly seats were not working! On the 4th time, they changed the heat pads and said it was working. Collected the car and not working. Took it back - I have now been without my car for 9 weeks!! Try calling Jag but they push it back to the Service Centre who then say they are waiting for Jag Engineering. I love my Jag but really getting frustrated now

Oggie13

Post by Oggie13 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:09 am

Hi Fastfran, I also posted my first message on the Jaguar Relations page. Dan at CRC@Jaguar has said that he will raise this issue with the technical people to see if they can sort it out. Try sending him a PM so that they can see that it's not an isolated case. Fingers crossed.

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:29 pm

I’m also in comfort mode. Works perfectly when I put it back on and it’s only in the morning or from cold.

Oggie13

Post by Oggie13 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:10 am

Hi Pwood,

I sent a PM to Dan at CRC@Jaguar about this issue and he has spoken to Jaguar Technical Assistance. They say that they are not aware of this problem and I've been told to take the car back to my Dealership and if they can't sort it out they, the Dealership, should contact Jaguar Technical Assistance for advice.

Pwood

Post by Pwood » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Thanks for the update Oggie13. Just to be sure do you always use the heating control knob to activate the seat heater like I do or use the on screen method. I have never used the latter but Will try that for a couple of weeks. I look forward to seeing how you get on with a fix.

Oggie13

Post by Oggie13 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:52 am

That's a good point Pwood, I haven't used the screen so far, just the nob, but I'll try it and let you know the result.

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”