InControl news channels

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Shagrat

InControl news channels

Post by Shagrat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi chaps & chapesses,

I bought an E-pace a couple of weeks ago and am loving it.

However, is there a way of getting a UK based news channel on the left section of the media screen? It defaults to CNN and Reuters, and most of the content seem to be US material about Trump etc. As I’m in the UK I’d really prefer UK news content.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Pete

Shagrat

Re: InControl news channels

Post by Shagrat » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi chaps,
I guess from the lack of response that the UK based owners are OK with the American news. Oh well........I tried ;-)

twabrigs

Post by twabrigs » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:17 pm

To be honest I'm waiting to get my 4G card to work again, but I didn't tend to use the news and weather panel much when it did work. The US based info did irritate me though I agree with you.
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

NeBC

Post by NeBC » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:44 pm

The whole InControl system gives the sense of someone at JLR browsing the "Wish" website and coming across a ship load of crap Chinese head units, with software branded as required, for pennies each and thinking "that's a great deal and exactly what our premium brand needs and at that price I'll be up for promotion in no time!"
It's not that UK users are OK with American news or the inferior software and hardware, it's just there's only so long banging your head against a brick wall can go on for before it hurts, you give up and move to another manufacturer.