Very loud fan noise

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Deleted User 1196

Re: Very loud fan noise

Post by Deleted User 1196 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:21 am

Totally agree with the last post. The ‘90s seemed to be a sorted time for my own motoring. Enough electrics to ensure reliability and efficiency, enough driver feedback for a really enjoyable drive without constant over assistance and driver aids adding complexity.
Whether it’s Jag or anything else, electric handbrakes, fake engine noise pumped through the speakers during sports mode’, variable drive modes, 9 speed transmissions, along with servicing where it‘a just a case of an oil change and a computer does the rest leaves me cold. I thoroughly enjoyed the lost art of tinkering!!

BULLHAM

Post by BULLHAM » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi Jalees.

Well my P200 is back from Rockar.
Same diagnosis as yours - so updated control module software.

Same information on the water pump that it is as per JLR spec, so now will wait and see.

I was very impressed by Monty at Rockar by the way so they will have my servicing business now.

Did you get your check engine light looked at? Hope it was not related to the fan issue!

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:20 pm

BULLHAM wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:48 pm
Hi Jalees.

Same information on the water pump that it is as per JLR spec, so now will wait and see.

I was very impressed by Monty at Rockar by the way so they will have my servicing business now.

Did you get your check engine light looked at? Hope it was not related to the fan issue!
Good stuff.
Told you that guy is a gem no hanky panky stuff.
Well for check engine light I called jaguar assistance they did diagnosis it is camshaft sensor so have booked my car on 2nd July to get it sorted as I need a replacement car meanwhile.
Jaguar assistance said it is still safe to drive so I am not in a rush and i am not doing any long journeys anyway just supermarket runs.
By the way Fan is behaving normal I checked at different occasions by opening bonnet and checking.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi guys, back again from Sydney Australia.

My wife owns an epace P250, since September last year, already had the water pump changed twice (Oct 2019, Mar 2020) and guess what? That stupid fan noise is back on 3 months later. A third water is due to be fitted in. What a basket case. Three pumps in 9 months. Time to piss off that shitbox, should have stucked with my Toyota Kluger.

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:06 am

Tricky wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:28 pm
Hi guys, back again from Sydney Australia.

My wife owns an epace P250, since September last year, already had the water pump changed twice (Oct 2019, Mar 2020) and guess what? That stupid fan noise is back on 3 months later. A third water is due to be fitted in. What a basket case. Three pumps in 9 months. Time to piss off that shitbox, should have stucked with my Toyota Kluger.
I would advise if you tell your dealer before they attempt to change water pump.
There is a recent software patch on topix there is bulletin related to this issue that might do the trick.
I had once water pump replacement done and as soon as summer arrived 9 months later fan started running. Dealer did diagnosis and this time there was a software update so no water pump replacement required.

Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

kaspa

Post by kaspa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:35 pm

BULLHAM wrote:
Hi Jalees.

Hello .. Yes not been on this site for a while so was just reading a few posts just out of interest being a Jaguar fan
I know Monty assuming we are talking about the same person as he used to work in my local dealership he was fantastic and most helpful - I had a few teething issues with my XES which he totally solved in the end .. I was very sad the day he decided to move on ..
all the best

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:37 pm

kaspa wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:35 pm
BULLHAM wrote:
Hi Jalees.

Hello .. Yes not been on this site for a while so was just reading a few posts just out of interest being a Jaguar fan
I know Monty assuming we are talking about the same person as he used to work in my local dealership he was fantastic and most helpful - I had a few teething issues with my XES which he totally solved in the end .. I was very sad the day he decided to move on ..
all the best
Indeed he is one of the best professional I have come across in my 43 years of life.
Myself being an engineer who is always never satisfied so you can imagine how much fussy I am. I am sometimes not satisfied with my work. :)
Life and profession thought me to be like this , so that a quality product is out there and no one should be able to point a finger on you what the f*** did you do. :D when you were responsible.

Thanks.

KJ