DPF problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar E-Pace
PED58

Re: DPF problem

Post by PED58 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:23 pm

PS - my car is from Taggarts Hillington Glasgow as well.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:12 pm

Oh isit, common pattern aswell then isn't there. So where do you currently stand with yours?

Ive been in today snd as expected its same fault with dpf, been advised tjey will repair but this will likely keep happening (nice of them to reassure me!) so im home with courtesy car and they advised me to contact jag finance which i have logged and await a response which can tqle up to 8 weeks

PED58

Post by PED58 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:01 pm

See other stream in this forum - Jaguar Diesel DPF where I have posted other comments but in short I am waiting on Jaguar Finance to advise me of their decision.

PED58

Post by PED58 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Opps - Diesel Jaguar DPF Issues......

E-pace misery

Post by E-pace misery » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:53 am

Hi Kirsty.
I was referred to speak with JLR finance to resolve my complaint with my vehicles 6 DPF faults in 7 months. I was and dealt with a by a complaints manager called Melanie Lewis in Cardiff. She listened to my case. She said that the the would not uphold my complaint as the fault was down to my driving style. Melanie, also stated that it was my fault for going for a "cheaper car" as not opting for a petrol. 28k cheapskate that I am? As well as this Melanie refused to admit there was any system fault with this type of vehicle and was completely defensive about the whole thing.
I am currently trying to go through a vehicle assisted exchange but it's going nowhere. Taggarts Hillington Glasgow have had my car for 2 months now and refuse to fix the vehicle as again I am met with the party line of blame being " my driving style"
I haven't got a good thing to say about Jaguar or Taggarts after the service I have received. I am constantly having to phone up and push for any communication or hope of resolution.

My experience with Taggarts had been good like yourself Kirsty until the 4th time taking the car in. After that they tried to get me to sign a DPF contract type document which I hadn't signed at the original point of sale.

I am currently paying for a car I don't have and no means of transport for work.

My next avenue will be legal advice 😢

PED58

Post by PED58 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi Kirsty and E Pace Misery

As I mentioned previously I am still awaiting the decision from Jaguar Finance and once I have this I will deicide on any further action.

I feel we will need to unite to get a resolution and whatever that entails. I know Revoke has mentioned Stormcatchers etc but what are the costs likely to be??

Its also strange that Dan from Jaguar CRC has not made any further comments or promises to escalate concerns and he must now see this is effecting more and more owners and this is only on this forum which I dare say many other owners are not aware of.

This issue with the DPF and "Drive Cycle" lies squarely with Jaguar and the dealerships who are selling these cars whilst fully aware of this issue is a blatant case of mis selling and for a brand of this stature to follow this course is quite remarkable and unbelieveable.

revoke

DPF Fraud

Post by revoke » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:45 pm

Any executive or senior management staff that knew about the faulty exhaust prior to release of the products and subsequently played any part in concealing the truth from dealers or end users might find themselves being investigated for potential offences under the Fraud Act 2006 Section 12. Sales staff who sold cars knowing about the problem to people known to have a short, low-speed, driving pattern might find themselves answering questions about offences committed contrary to Section 2.

The threat of a visit from the local Constabulary - or even the SFO ( https://www.sfo.gov.uk/contact-us/ ) - might work wonders. Think about it - how, with all that damning evidence now in the public domain, could anyone seriously expect a judge to believe that they didn't know what was going on?

Fraud Act 2006, ( https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/contents )

Section 2 - Fraud by false representation.

(1) A person is in breach of this section if he—
(a) dishonestly makes a false representation, and
(b) intends, by making the representation—
(i) to make a gain for himself or another, or
(ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.
(2) A representation is false if—
(a) it is untrue or misleading, and
(b) the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.
(3) “Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of—
(a) the person making the representation, or
(b) any other person.
(4) A representation may be express or implied.
(5) For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).

Section 12 - Liability of company officers for offences by company

(1) Subsection (2) applies if an offence under this Act is committed by a body corporate.
(2 If the offence is proved to have been committed with the consent or connivance of—
(a) a director, manager, secretary or other similar officer of the body corporate, or
(b) a person who was purporting to act in any such capacity, he (as well as the body corporate) is guilty of the offence and liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
(3) If the affairs of a body corporate are managed by its members, subsection (2) applies in relation to the acts and defaults of a member in connection with his functions of management as if he were a director of the body corporate.

Sentencing Council guidelines - https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/of ... tem/fraud/

Culpability.PNG

Culpability2.PNG

Epace gla

Post by Epace gla » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:45 pm

Hello I am new to this forum and I also am experiencing what I believe is the same issue that you are describing.
I also purchased my new D150 EPace from Taggarts Glasgow last year.
April 2019 - new car purchased
August 19 - mileage4k. engine / transmission alert plus service due alert . Jaguar assistance attended at my home . Advised at that point the fault indicated a faulty o2 sensor / loose sensor plug issue relating to lean to rich fuel ratio . Car was booked in following week . Taggarts Glasgow said that was not the issue but was a software issue, completed a number of updates and car as back to me after a few hours. I was not told why the service due alert was prematurely activated. Fast forward to..
Oct 19 - mileage 6k - with no warning , I received the RED warning dpf full Contact dealer and car went into limp mode, Also had the service due alert . I had not received an amber warning to drive to clear dpf .
Contacted jaguar assistance . When they attended ( I have copies of all their notes) he advised the dpf was completely blocked and he also checked the oil ( this I believe is why the service due alert is triggered as it is the oil filter that is triggering this warning) and can see from notes it states ‘47g oil dilution ‘ . I advised him that I had definitely not received an amber dpf warning prior to this but he confirmed he was aware as ge could see the full record of technical alerts from my car and no amber before red .
Car went into Taggarts Glasgow for 3 days ( courtesy car provided). When I went in to collect the car, I asked was this same fault as previous they said no, this as a faulty dpf which they had replaced. I had no copy of any of the paperwork detailing the work carried out and was promised a copy by email. Still not receive. At this point, no mention of ‘driving style’ but that this was a Different fault.
Last week, 21st April, almost a replay of August 19, I received the amber ,transmission alert plus the service due alert . Called Jaguar assistance ( AA) attended and advised error looks like a ‘faulty o2 sensor. The AA technician phoned Jaguar who advised I can drive the car but to ‘ book into dealer as soon as possible. I have a bad feeling that the premature service due alert will again be due to oil dilution . I did ask the technician to check check this but advised there was no issue with the dilution. In the current climate, with dealers closed I have no idea when Jaguar will look at this issue. The technician did turn off /reset the warning lights last week but next day they immediately came back on. I am fully expecting to next receive the red dpf blocked warning and the car will not be driveable.
I too a, ready for a fight to get my car returned as I do not want this unreliable car any longer. I did not request a diesel but the salesman at the time suggested the diesel model as I expressed a preference for a manual car and he advised the diesel was only option. I have contacted the Jaguar customer experience team and am in process of raising a formal complaint but fully aware this will not be an easy process to prove but looking at your previous posts there is surely increasing evidence of many of us experiencing same issues and in addition to the published article regarding JLR aware of a specific design issue with this model , we have grounds to take this as far as we can. I appreciate all the info as I only came across this forum while searching for info on epace dpf and oil issue.
If anyone has any further information or update on latest situation this would be appreciated

jaguar.faulty

Post by jaguar.faulty » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 am

Hello
I would like to share my troubles and misery I went through after buying this Jaguar E Pace 2ltr Diesel, earlier this year. I bought a car which is less than a year old from one of the Sytner group franchise in UK.

When I went to their showroom all went cozy and great. They took for a test drive, it looked okay and drove nice during 10 minutes test drive. So i decided to go ahead with that car. I took a finance from them. You don't believe me that,
after getting delivery, it didn't even last for a week. Just after four days, it started giving DPF warning in the dashboard. At that time, I was not aware of on going issues with Jaguar Diesel cars. Or the dealer never mentioned anything to me either before sale.

So I booked for a check and, and the dealer started telling me that, it is my driving style which was causing the issue not the fault of the car. I got to drive 70 miles per hour few times a week , so the car can go without any issues. It was a shock to me. The dealer can't dictate
how I drive my car. They would have told me before the purchase not after. Again, it is just a fact that, I drove all those four days long journeys nearly 130 miles per day. But that was not enough for the regeneration or what ever they were asking me to do. So after the service within a week, I took the car back
and the fault started appearing within two days again. This time I started doing research in the internet and found this forum but it was too late now. I started arguing with the dealer about this problem, they kept blaming me about my driving style. They wanted to check again, but couldn't guarantee me about the permanent fix to this issue. Of course until manufacturer warranty, they were happy to fix it for free but what about after warranty period? there was no answer for that.

Once I showed my intention to reject the car, their attitude and language changed completely. Because i decided to return the car, now I got to deal with the finance company not with the dealer any more, it was very weird.

Now the battle started with the finance company. The finance company didn't do anything. It has become 4 months since I filed the complaint nothing happened. In the mean time, I filed the same complaint to Finance Ombudsman Service. It took three months for them to look at my case. Then Finance Ombudsman Service got involved and started chasing the finance company. From that point it took more than a month after so many chasing and emails and phone calls, finally the finance company responded back to Finance Ombudsman Service after five months.

The agreed to refund but asked to take the car back to dealer, The dealer obviously not happy started arguing with me to pay for usage of the car, and started finding imaginatory faults and asking me to pay etc.

Please note under 30 days short term rejection from Consumer Rights Act 2015, the customer doesn't need to pay for the usage of the car. Every one is aware of that, but still the dealer wanted money for everything, their only motive was to make as much money as they can.

I decided to tell my experience with this particular dealer and about this particular model of the Jaguar car, so others can learn lessons from this and be very careful before making their decision.