Rear brakes stuck on

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
pg562

Rear brakes stuck on

Post by pg562 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:27 pm

My E-pace is only 18 months old and has covered about 15,000 miles.

Whilst in the garage for minor repairs, I was surprised when they advised that my rear brake discs were badly scored and my brake pads were down to nearly 0%! For comparison, my front brake pads were at about 90%.

After some back-and-forth, the garage realised that the brakes had been stuck on and agreed to replace the discs and pads free of charge.

Since the replacement, it is like a brand new car! On a typical run to work (40 miles, 90% of which is motorway), I now get about 52mpg, whereas I was lucky to get 35mpg previously.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

jptaylored

Re: Rear brakes stuck on

Post by jptaylored » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:35 am

Yes exactly the same as me. I posted about this earlier. What engine do you have to be getting 52mpg?

Both my rear brakes were totally gone, got no warning from the sensors and the garage said that was because the brakes had worn down only on one side, the side where there was no sensor, the outer pad. Because of this, they agreed to pay half the cost of replacing both rear discs and pads.
Last edited by jptaylored on Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jptaylored

Post by jptaylored » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:59 am

Yes exactly the same as me. I posted about this earlier. What engine do you have to be getting 52mpg?

Both my rear brakes were totally gone, got no warning from the sensors and the garage said that was because the brakes had worn down only on one side, the side where there was no sensor, the outer pad. Because of this, they agreed to pay half the cost of replacing both rear discs and pads.

Now reading your article I am concerned that I still have this problem as my MPG is not that great. I have a D150 and on motorways only get around 40 mpg.

pg562

Post by pg562 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:59 am

Interesting, thank you! I have the D180 and now achieve at least 50mpg during a normal commute to work.

starion156@yahoo.com

Post by starion156@yahoo.com » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:31 pm

I am getting very poor fuel eco and could dream of getting 50mpg. My car at times feels sluggish and at other quite nippy I have notice the parking break sticking on but wonder if I am having the same trouble rear brakes sticking on. If the degree to which the stick is variable that would explain both the mixed diving performance and mpg.

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”