SATNAV InControl Login Problems

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar E-Pace
Ulysse

SATNAV InControl Login Problems

Post by Ulysse » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:37 pm

Hi All

Has anyone else not been able to sign into the SATNAV account and keeps getting the error 'There is a problem at Jaguars end'?

I raised it with 3 months ago with Jaguar who looked into it there end and asked me to take it into the garage (about 10 miles away).

The garage said there is a problem, it is Jaguars problem at there end and there would be a fix sometime, there has been an update to the InControl firmware but the problem still exists.

The defect stops you signing into a SATNAV InControl account. It doesn't stop an account from initially being created but logging into the online jaguar.here.com, that account doesn't have any vehicle associated with, which in turn stops you getting any SATNAV updates, using any extra features associated with the account and using the remote route planner.

It may be a small defect but I have told them if the problem isn't fixed by the end of January, I will be handing the car back and expecting a refund or same spec car that works back. If you bought say a new TV and it all worked apart from one channel, say ITV3, you expect it to be fixed or you would expect a new one back, so I think I am within my consumer rights here.

Would love to hear from anyone else with the same problem or is it just me!

Andy C

twabrigs

Re: SATNAV InControl Login Problems

Post by twabrigs » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi - sounds very frustrating. I haven't had the same problem; when I log into that site it has my vehicle associated and I can see favourite destinations etc on the website. I do find that every week or so the car asks me to log into the account to sync journeys which is annoying.

I'm afraid the apps and updates side of things is not the best. Not terribly user friendly and not reliable.

I don't know what age your car is but ask them to do a software update on the car, then you could delete your online account and start again. All you lose is your journey history and it might just kick start it. There is an unintuitive sequence of events you have to follow to set it all up - it's on this forum somewhere. Either you have to do the car then the website or vice versa, I can't remember.
April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

Ulysse

Post by Ulysse » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:38 pm

Hiya twabrigs!

Thankyou for replying!

I've deleted the account countless times, I have no idea what the neighbours think when they see me sat in the car with my laptop trying again and again, it doesn't look good for the Jaguar brand to my neighbours when they see me trying trying it and complaining afterwards!!!!! The software has also been updated to no avail!

The car is a 2019 E-Pace which I picked up new in August, so I'm very frustrated with it!

Andy C

ctoneman

Post by ctoneman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:03 pm

It has been a bit unstable the last few days but it seems ok now, at least for me
E-Pace S D180 AWD Auto Firenze Red

JJitalia

Post by JJitalia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Ulysse wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:37 pm
Hi All

Has anyone else not been able to sign into the SATNAV account and keeps getting the error 'There is a problem at Jaguars end'?

I raised it with 3 months ago with Jaguar who looked into it there end and asked me to take it into the garage (about 10 miles away).

The garage said there is a problem, it is Jaguars problem at there end and there would be a fix sometime, there has been an update to the InControl firmware but the problem still exists.

The defect stops you signing into a SATNAV InControl account. It doesn't stop an account from initially being created but logging into the online jaguar.here.com, that account doesn't have any vehicle associated with, which in turn stops you getting any SATNAV updates, using any extra features associated with the account and using the remote route planner.

It may be a small defect but I have told them if the problem isn't fixed by the end of January, I will be handing the car back and expecting a refund or same spec car that works back. If you bought say a new TV and it all worked apart from one channel, say ITV3, you expect it to be fixed or you would expect a new one back, so I think I am within my consumer rights here.

Would love to hear from anyone else with the same problem or is it just me!

Andy C
Hi Andy

I have the exact same problem, ever since I took delivery in April. I agree it’s very frustrating, I keep trying to log in every so often but always without success. My software is up to date.
I don’t know what the answer is, anyone?

Ulysse

Post by Ulysse » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Hiya jjitalia!

Thank goodness it's not just me!!

Like I said, I'm off to hand my car back at the end of January if it's not fixed....that will put a rocket up their arse!!! Jaguar say it is their problem at their end, so nothing to do with the car............but they would say that so we couldn't hand the cars back if they don't fix the problem as the 'car's apparently ok'?

One thing I was told to try was delete the account from the internet and try a complete new sign in from the car.......have you done this?

jagusa

Post by jagusa » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 am

It seems these days that Social Media support seems to get escalated responses...

Try tweeting at twitter.com/HERE... then step 2 it looks like the twitter account asks people to email selfservesupport@here.com. They also have a support phone number if you troll through their websites for it

Ulysse

Post by Ulysse » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 am

Hiya Jagusa

Thankyou for your reply!

I have been though customer services here in the UK and tried everything they suggested over a period of phone cals and e-mails between us, they then told me to take the car into my local Jag garage which I did (very annoyingly he also said he would tell the garage about the defect so they knew what to check and the garage didn't have a clue about it!). The garage also tried to no avail......this is when I was told there would be a fix and I'm still waiting!

How long can we be expected to keep a car with faults? The person above will have had their car since April, 4 months shy of a year, without any fix. If it gets too long Jaguar UK will say we have had the car too long and we probably won't be able to receive all our money back by then!

I hope they can sort this and are not trying to sweep it under the carpet!

Return to “Faults & Technical”